EDDB airport manager and elevation issue

300leex

Hi, I just bought the new Mega airport Berlin and a couple issue like to ask for assistance please!

I notice the airport manager has frame size/ resoultion problem. My display setting is 1920 x 1080. However, VFR Germany East compatibility seems to be fine.

nGClu.jpg

I'm having some some sort of elevation problem. I understand this is much complex question due to various addons in my system but I would like to get some advise here if possibile please.

I've tried to disable FTX Vector, FS Globle 2010 which I think to cause this problem but without positive result. The only airport I have near the area is Mega airport Paris Orly but I do not think it would relate to such issue. Any advise would be appreciated!

0BFKf.jpg

Hi, I just bought the new Mega airport Berlin and a couple issue like to ask for assistance please!

I notice the airport manager has frame size/ resoultion problem. My display setting is 1920 x 1080. However, VFR Germany East compatibility seems to be fine.

I'm having some some sort of elevation problem. I understand this is much complex question due to various addons in my system but I would like to get some advise here if possibile please.

I've tried to disable FTX Vector, FS Globle 2010 which I think to cause this problem but without positive result. The only airport I have near the area is Mega airport Paris Orly but I do not think it would relate to such issue. Any advise would be appreciated!

About the Manager:

I'll ask the developer if he has any idea. As a starter: The font displayed in the browse menu seems pretty "Asian" so me. Which language is your Windows and which version of Windows do you use?

Elevation issue:

Can you please confirm you see the following file?:

Folder: FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\

File: AF2_EDDB_ALT_BERopen.bgl (dated 21 Feb 2014)

If not, something went wrong during installation and I'd recommend to uninstall and reinstall the scenery as admin (right click in the installation EXE -> run as admin)

Bests,

Sascha

Bests,

Sascha

About the Manager:

I'll ask the developer if he has any idea. As a starter: The font displayed in the browse menu seems pretty "Asian" so me. Which language is your Windows and which version of Windows do you use?

Elevation issue:

Can you please confirm you see the following file?:

Folder: FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\

File: AF2_EDDB_ALT_BERopen.bgl (dated 21 Feb 2014)

If not, something went wrong during installation and I'd recommend to uninstall and reinstall the scenery as admin (right click in the installation EXE -> run as admin)

Bests,

Sascha

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Thank you very much for the response.

Airport manager - You are right, I'm runing Traditional Chinese windows 7 64bit

Elevation - The file is confimed. And installation was run as admin.

Hi Sascha,

Thank you very much for the response.

Airport manager - You are right, I'm runing Traditional Chinese windows 7 64bit

Elevation - The file is confimed. And installation was run as admin.

Ok, informed the tool developer and hope he will step in here to see how this can be solved. Pretty sure it has something to do with the Chinese version of Windows that needs to be addressed.

Elevation: We just had the same issue in the German forums and there. It seemed to be caused by a file called afcad_ALT.bgl. Can you search your FSX directories for that file to see if that caused it (by temporarily removing it) please?

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Lee,

do you use the setting "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" which can be found at "Control Panel -> Display". Standard

is "Smaller", Medium and Larger cause issues with various problems as well as the Berlin control manager.

Best,

Lars

I searched my FSX directories but do not found afcad_ALT.bgl

In that case it could have been caused by FTX Global but we need to confirm that. I've got the following information from the FTX Global developer (loose translation from German):

In any case it is REQUIRED to install version FTX Vector 1.15. After that use the configuration tool's AEC tab to run an automated configuration run and save the result. From there on we can see if something causes it.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Lee,

do you use the setting "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" which can be found at "Control Panel -> Display". Standard

is "Smaller", Medium and Larger cause issues with various problems as well as the Berlin control manager.

Best,

Lars

Hello Lars,

Font size setting is small(100%) but thank you for the advice.

Regards,

Lee

In that case it could have been caused by FTX Global but we need to confirm that. I've got the following information from the FTX Global developer (loose translation from German):

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Just noticed I do not have the latest FTX Vector update installed, I will recheck and update again.

Thanks for working on this!

**UPDATE**

Tried the FTX Vector AEC tool v1.15 and discovered EDDB can't be disable via the tool. However I have manually disable the ABP_EDDB.bgl but no change to the problem. I've also tried remove FTX Vector and came with the same result which makes it seem to me the problem is not related.

Could it be conflicted with default airports? please advise if further test I can perform to help you analyze the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lee

Hi Sascha,

Just noticed I do not have the latest FTX Vector update installed, I will recheck and update again.

Thanks for working on this!

**UPDATE**

Tried the FTX Vector AEC tool v1.15 and discovered EDDB can't be disable via the tool. However I have manually disable the ABP_EDDB.bgl but no change to the problem. I've also tried remove FTX Vector and came with the same result which makes it seem to me the problem is not related.

Could it be conflicted with default airports? please advise if further test I can perform to help you analyze the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lee

I will let you know once I know more from the FTX Global developer.

Meanwhile you can try the following: Please download the AFX Airport Facilitator Demo from here and install it.

Open the tool and open an airport there. Type in EDDB and click search. The please make a screenshot of the results and post them here. It should look something like this.

This will help us to find out what files could affect your elevation there and if there is another addon responsible for this behavior.

Bests,

Sascha

• Developer

You need to rename the BR2_EDDB.BGL in *.off in the mytraffic scenery folder, then it should work.

But I dont think, that normally the Mytraffic entry is in the lowest position of the scenery library, as in your case, but i am not sure.

You need to rename the BR2_EDDB.BGL in *.off in the mytraffic scenery folder, then it should work.

But I dont think, that normally the Mytraffic entry is in the lowest position of the scenery library, as in your case, but i am not sure.

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the info. Disable BR2_EDDB.BGL does take care the elevation problem but all AI are gone now.

Also it looks like there's some other conflicted I would need to find out please.

x0MT.jpg

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the info. Disable BR2_EDDB.BGL does take care the elevation problem but all AI are gone now.

Also it looks like there's some other conflicted I would need to find out please.

Looks perfectly good to me. But I don't understand why the traffic should be gone since this is not related to the B2... file. You are absolutely sure airline traffic is activated?

Sascha

Looks perfectly good to me. But I don't understand why the traffic should be gone since this is not related to the B2... file. You are absolutely sure airline traffic is activated?

Sascha

Hello Sascha,

You are right, it was my traffic setting, sorry about that.

And if the taxi way texture is as it is then all is fine now.

Many thanks to all who look into the issue and provide solutions.

Looking forward for the update on airport manager. Great airport you build here!

Thanks!

Regards,

Lee

Hello Sascha,

You are right, it was my traffic setting, sorry about that.

And if the taxi way texture is as it is then all is fine now.

Many thanks to all who look into the issue and provide solutions.

Looking forward for the update on airport manager. Great airport you build here!

Thanks!

Regards,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thank you for all the information. I will ask our guy doing the installers to remove BR2_EDDB.bgl if it is found during the installation procedure of BER.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived