AIRMET/SIGMET visualization

Hello.

Are there any plans to add AIRMET and SIGMET features into PFPX at any time? It would be real nice to have those presented on map so we can make sure that our routes dont go through one if conditions are too bad.

Hello,

I saw a video of real life pilots at dispatch before flight.

They plot by hand the fligt path on charts.

It is very good for memorization.

Cheers

Pierre

Pierre,

Yes they do, but what Im after is visual SIGMET areas on PFPX route map when planning. That way I can make sure that there are no hard SIGMET areas Im going through when Im planning my flight.

And manually locate airways and waypoints in there? A bit too much maual labour and defeats the purpose of PFPX's excellent route finding and modifying capabilities. If it is displayed right on planner then I can jut route past it with correctly built and modified route.

Create the release, send it to SkyVector - very painless actually if you try it... my route is the magenta route on the right side of the picture.

post-92299-0-70247500-1398934812_thumb.j

I've talked about this with Christian and he says what is missing at the moment is a source of the exact position of the SIGMETs, etc.

Once we would have a source for the position adding them into the Wind Charts in the OFP (and of cause also on other maps in PFPX) would be easy.

I find it is useful to bookmark the Sigmets in the browser portion of PFPX. Then when the flight dispatch text file is created, it is easy to copy/paste the SIGMETS into the dispatch at the appropriate location.

• 3 months later...

Archived