Coast Guard - is ship landable while "driving" it

helialpin

Hi!

I´ve just purchased the Coast Guard package as addition to my Seahawk and when I "flew" the Cutter, a question came up: Is it possible that someone is driving the Cutter in a Multiplayersession and another Pilot is flying the Jayhawk and landing on the cruising Cutter?? Or can you land on the cutter only as a static scenery object?

Thank you and sorry if this question is mentioned anywhere and I missed it!

Cheers

Andi

• Aerosoft
Thank you for the quick response! I´ve been sure that I´ve overlooked something but couldn´t find the point!

Cheers

Andi

well, actually I believe it could be sorted, but as both the ship and the helicopter are aircraft and FS can only let the user fly one. But if the ship is without view of any land, any forward movement of the ship is actually nothing more then wind.

Hi Mathijs!

The idea was, that if you´re flying on Multiplayer, one or even more Pilots are flying their Jayhawk and other pilots could "fly" the ships so that you can practise landings on a moving ships.

It´s true that it´s rather the same than wind. So seems that it doesn´t make much sense and has been not more than an idea!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Best regards from Austria

Andi

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Gentlemen from my knowledge about the flightsim it has two types of textures one for static objects like Houses, Helopads etc. which are landable and it has moving textures like A/C in multiplayer (AI Traffic) which are not landable even with crash detection of you will sink through the deck. It is the sam stuff with effects in multiplayer it is an developer bug from microsoft and hopefully they sort it out with the FSX

Cheers

Octavio

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs!

The idea was, that if you´re flying on Multiplayer, one or even more Pilots are flying their Jayhawk and other pilots could "fly" the ships so that you can practise landings on a moving ships.

It´s true that it´s rather the same than wind. So seems that it doesn´t make much sense and has been not more than an idea!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Best regards from Austria

Andi

Well, believe me, it had crossed my mind as well. :)

ok it is something diffferent if the ship is moving or if you have wind so far with helos it is not such a difference then with a fixed wing on an carrier because the rwy is a bit off set to the left from ship centerline so it moves away from you that means the ILS ( TACAN ) from the ship is moving away from you which means you need to adjust the Angle to get the LOC centered i think it is a bit the same with a helo and a ship if it comes to IFR conditions where you really just fly by the Instruments with barly visual it would make a difference if the ship is moving or if you just have wind!

Cheers

Octavio