Control lock problems with floats version

arnonmoscona

Hi!

I searched the forums, and was unable to see anybody reporting this. Basically I've been flying the tundra version for a long while with no problems. I decided to try out the float version, and immediately I discovered that it does not work for me. Basically as soon as I click the mouse click area to release the control lock (on the floor), the lock releases and immediately re-engages. So basically I am dead in the water (quite literally) right from the start. i don't really know whether anything else works, as I did not try the start sequence with the control lock engaged...

Still no problems with the Tundra configuration.

Any idea?

We need to be carefull about which Locks we are talking about here.

I believe the orignal question was about the Control Locks or Gust Locks not the the Start Locks - reference (on the floor).

In any case you could try releasing using the Check-List, I believe it is the first item (right mouse click).

OK. Tried the good suggestion to do it via the checklist. And no cigar. I get the same behavior as a mouse click: the control lock releases, and then immediately reengages again.

There is some bug there. It only shows up in the ski and amphib configurations. All other configurations work correctly. bot with VC click spots and with checklist operation.

Any ideas?

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK. Tried the good suggestion to do it via the checklist. And no cigar. I get the same behavior as a mouse click: the control lock releases, and then immediately reengages again.

There is some bug there. It only shows up in the ski and amphib configurations. All other configurations work correctly. bot with VC click spots and with checklist operation.

Any ideas?

Hi.

I tried to recreate your problem, but I could not. With me the control lock appears and disappears with a mouseclick at the floor as it should, for all versions.

I use the last version of the Twin Otter (1.11) and all the hotfixes, with P3Dv2.2. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76144-version-111-p3dv2-installer-plus-hotfixes/

Did you try to set the the aircraft to Cold & Dark using the configuaration page of the checklist? And after that you can try the 'set ready to fly' and see what happens.

Also, apart from a reinstall, you could try first to use a 'standard/default' startup situation, to make sure no 'funny' settings are inherited from other aircraft.

Archived