UT2 at the New Berlin-Brandenburg Airport

FSGamer999

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem with the new Mega Airport Berlin. It's the best scenery ever, but I don't have any airplanes at the new Airport. They're all at the old airport Schönefeld. For Traffic I'm using Ultimate Traffic 2.

Does anybody know when the new AES update is going to come out? It would be great to use this wonderful Add-on with AES.

Greets,

Juan

Watch our Channel at youtube

AviationControl

I've got a problem with the new Mega Airport Berlin. It's the best scenery ever, but I don't have any airplanes at the new Airport. They're all at the old airport Schönefeld. For Traffic I'm using Ultimate Traffic 2.

I've heard the same during the beta test from two testers using Ultimate Traffic. It seems that Ultimate Traffic only contains flightplans related to SXF (Schönefeld), so you won't see much traffic around the BER terminal since the airlines assigned there barely exist in SXF.

I know it sounds like advertising Aerosoft products but personally I like MyTraffic X very much. At around 30% traffic density it shows you more or less real world flight plans. So using MyTraffic X you always have the option to move the sliders further to the right and fill up the airport with more traffic to your liking. 70-80% with MyTraffic worked pretty well for me.

Bests,

Sascha

I've heard the same during the beta test from two testers using Ultimate Traffic. It seems that Ultimate Traffic only contains flightplans related to SXF (Schönefeld), so you won't see much traffic around the BER terminal since the airlines assigned there barely exist in SXF.

I know it sounds like advertising Aerosoft products but personally I like MyTraffic X very much. At around 30% traffic density it shows you more or less real world flight plans. So using MyTraffic X you always have the option to move the sliders further to the right and fill up the airport with more traffic to your liking. 70-80% with MyTraffic worked pretty well for me.

Bests,

Sascha

Yepp...that's why MyTraffic has no real world flight-plans but for all airports a lot (mostly too much!) of traffic which looks credibly for the region the airport is located. And that's why I never would use MyTraffic... ;-)

Actually all the flights with destination TXL should be changed to BER in UT2, then you have full traffic in BER whith UT2 too. Ok, that's a little bit of work... ;-)

Yepp...that's why MyTraffic has no real world flight-plans but for all airports a lot (mostly too much!) of traffic which looks credibly for the region the airport is located. And that's why I never would use MyTraffic... ;-)

Actually all the flights with destination TXL should be changed to BER in UT2, then you have full traffic in BER whith UT2 too. Ok, that's a little bit of work... ;-)

I doubt it will help to reroute all traffic from TXL to BER since it has not been decided yet if TXL will be closed at all.

That's why I like the MyTraffic approach better. It's up to you to add further traffic to your liking.

Bests,

Sascha

Hallo Mike,

can you write an example of how the traffic gets from TXL to BER in UT2

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

I'm not an AI-Crack, so I cannot give you that answer swiftly. Principally the fligthplans must be unpacked and all TXL entries be changed to BER (all Incoming and outgoing flights!) and than they must be converted back into UT2 flightplans. As I said, that's "a little bit" of work....and that was meant very ironic... ;-)

Give me some time to find out, how's the easiest way is to do that or if it really sensefull regarding the effort.

I'm not an AI-Crack, so I cannot give you that answer swiftly. Principally the fligthplans must be unpacked and all TXL entries be changed to BER (all Incoming and outgoing flights!) and than they must be converted back into UT2 flightplans. As I said, that's "a little bit" of work....and that was meant very ironic... ;-)

Give me some time to find out, how's the easiest way is to do that or if it really sensefull regarding the effort.

Nope :-)

there are no trafficfiles in UT2 - it's based on a database. - There is a UT2 Powerpack which has a function to route all traffic from one (closed) to another (newly opened) airport.

It's quite good described in the manual. (The faint of heart may back up the database before :blowbubble_s: )

Happy landings

Juergen

Sorry but my English is not so good11

You must change the IATA Code in UT2. Take the Power Pack and then you go to Modify Airport. Rename The IATA Code for EDDT to BER and then you rename the IATA Code for EDDB to TXL.

Save, check the Compatibilty and let the system change the flightplans.......and after this the UT2 Traffric fly to the new EDDB!!

Greetz Bernd

When you have problems PM to me and I´ll help you over Teamviewer

You must change the IATA Code in UT2. Take the Power Pack and then you go to Modify Airport. Rename The IATA Code for EDDT to BER and then you rename the IATA Code for EDDB to TGX.

Save, check the Compatibilty and let the system change the flightplans.......and after this the UT2 Traffric fly to the new EDDB!!

Greetz Bernd

Do you mean "TXL" when you mention "TGX"?

• 2 weeks later...

You must change the IATA Code in UT2. Take the Power Pack and then you go to Modify Airport. Rename The IATA Code for EDDT to BER and then you rename the IATA Code for EDDB to TXL.

Greetz Bernd

I've tried your suggestion, but the Power Pack won't let me change anything. What's the secret to making this work? I stumped on this.

Jack Fentress

Did you have Teamviewer? I´ll help you to change the UT2.

Greetz

Bernd

Bernd............

As a matter of fact I do. Although it's in the evening on this side of the pond (7:10pm AST as I write this), perhaps we could connect sometime tomorrow. Not to mention that at this time of the evening it's cocktail time and I surely wouldn't want to give that up! (lol)

Jack

Did you have Teamviewer? I´ll help you to change the UT2.

Greetz

Bernd

Bernd.............

Since it's been 5 days since I responded to your offer of help with no return from you, what am I to make of that? No help forthcoming? No big deal, but you should never make those offers unless you are really willing to do what you say. Don't bother to respond as this will get solved in other areas. I'm moving on!

J.F.

Hello,

I am sorry. I had massive problems with my PC. Had to reinstall everything. Therefore no message from me.

Now everything is OK and I'm happy to help. Please tell me a time when we meet in teamviewer.

regards

Bernd

Hello,

I am sorry. I had massive problems with my PC. Had to reinstall everything. Therefore no message from me.

Now everything is OK and I'm happy to help. Please tell me a time when we meet in teamviewer.

regards

Bernd

Bernd............

I really wasn't unhappy with you, I was just hoping to get a response and I thank you for that and you kind offer.

I'm tied up today, but I have all of Saturday and Sunday free, so it should be at your convenience. Should I send you a private e-mail so we can get together.? By the way, my Team Viewer is 9.

Regards,

Jack

Archived