Setting Cold and Dark - P3D

kpan

I just installed the Airbus X into Prepar3D 2.2 and am trying to follow the tutorial. As you can see in this video nothing is happening.

Any suggestions welcome.

What do you mean by: Nothing happens?. Looking into the video I recognized that you do not follow the Vol6 StepbyStep guide.

• Load the AXE
  • Set the aicraft to DARK/COLD
  • Establish power (batteries and external power or APU
  • Lightup the four screens

Please have a look into the guide and follow the detailed steps as explained. If something is not working as described please come back and tell us exactly what is not working as described.

Regards,

Hanse

Thanks for the reply. And a developer too! In my video the airplane loads up just fine. When I click the ACFT State then the Cold and Dark nothing happens. The rest of the video just demos that the aircraft still has power. I also looked at the video by Rolf Fritze that is referenced in the documentation and am unable to repeat it. What does happen when clicking Cold and Dark is the trim wheels rotate and the landing gear sets itself to up. Really? Is that what's supposed to happen?

Hi,

first I assume that you are using the AXE release 1.16 and also installed hotfix 19. There might be problems with P3D and so have a look into the following subject: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/76224-new-asc-for-airbus-twin-otter-and-many-more/

Please install the updated ASC-file into all aircraft folders of the AXE. Hope this solves your problem. If not please report back.....

Regards,

Hanse

I had AXE v1.16 P3D version installed when I made the video. I installed both the new asc.dll and hotfix 19 but there is no change to the problem. BTW, my video also shows I'm having the dark ND problem.

Based on a tip on the avsim forums, I deleted the Prepar3D.CFG (and Prepar3D.CFG.txt) files located in .../AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2. This appears to have solved all issues mentioned here. Thanks Hanse.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad you got it solved. It is always a good idea to start with a fresh config file either FSX or P3D. Especialy after assigning "tweaks" ;)

Archived