Corfu airport textures problem

zezoA320

when i increase my altitude the textures becomes realistic, but when i become close to the ground the standard airport textures appears, also the grass appears on the taxiway

post-67580-0-89276000-1397233940_thumb.j

post-67580-0-24785900-1397234014_thumb.j

can anyone tells me what happens here

i have disable the corfu airport elevation correction in my vector v1.1 and the problem is still.

i have the same problem with TaxiGate ataturk airport.

also i have SteveDX v2.0 fixer in use.

Thx

• Deputy Sheriffs

So it is not a problem of Corfu, but of your FSX setup. Any other sceneries, traffic addons.....?

And to make screenshot from within FSX do the following:

- press the "V" key

- a file with ending .bmp is generated and saved in your pictures folder under "Flight Simulator X-Files"

- open this file (double click) and save it as jpg.

;)

So it is not a problem of Corfu, but of your FSX setup. Any other sceneries, traffic addons.....?

And to make screenshot from within FSX do the following:

- press the "V" key

- a file with ending .bmp is generated and saved in your pictures folder under "Flight Simulator X-Files"

- open this file (double click) and save it as jpg.

;)

No sceneries addons except vector v1.1, FTX GLOBAL, MY TRAFFIC 2013, scenery tech & REX4.

My OS is win 8.1 64 bite.

Any help please !!!!!!

Check if the priority of the sceneries that have this issue in the scenery library is higher than the priority of MyTraffic. If not, you will always have the MTX AFCAD of the respective bleeding through the addon scenery.

Check if the priority of the sceneries that have this issue in the scenery library is higher than the priority of MyTraffic. If not, you will always have the MTX AFCAD of the respective bleeding through the addon scenery.

Please, more details !!!!

Please, more details !!!!

MyTraffic (as well as some other AI traffic programs) add so called AFCAD files, which basically are the files which contain all the information about the airport layout, parking facilities, runways and taxiways and so on. That is necessary for the traffic to have the correct parking positions at the airports, and in some cases also to reflect the real world situation etter than the default FSX AFCADs, which date back to as far 2005/2006! These AFCAD files have to exist for every airport that works according to the FSX SDK, i.e. having flat runways, otherwise the airport will not be known to FSX, and hence traffic can not be displayed there (however, ther are some workarounds for airpotrs with sloped RWYs, but that's not of interest here).

The same applies for airport addons - with the addition that those AFCAD files need to be aligned very precisely with the real world position of the simulated facilities, because otherwise they will bleed through the custom ground model and textures, which seems to be your problem.

Now, all AFCAD files are part of the FSX scenery, hence the need a place in the scenery library. This library gives priorities to all the sceneries that are known to FSX (i.e. are contained in teh library); this priority is indicated by the position and number in the scenery library: the topmost entry, which is the one labelled 1, has the highest priority, and the lowermost (highest number) has the lowest. The scenery with the higher priority (i.e. lower number) will usually be displayed on top of the others, and it should normally be the only one to show. However, if the scenery with the higher priority is only an AFCAD, whereas another scenery with lower priority for the same airport has more than that (e.g. custom ground textures as well), will also show these "additional features", but since those two may not be correctly aligned with each other, you will see that bleed-through.

The solution to this problem is usually, that you give the scenery folder, which only contains AFCADs a low priority in the scenery library. This can be done in the main menu -> Settings ->Scenery Library (could be labelled a bit differently, I can't check at the moment). There you will have to mark the folder you want to move, my recommendation is to move the MyTraffic folder, and with some "navigation boxes" on the right side (labelled "move up/down", IIRC). With those buttons you can adjust the priority of the selected scenery folder (up=increase priority).

My recommendation is to move the MTX entry all teh way down, just above the entry called "Addon Scenery" (which has the highest priority of all default files), because that is what has not caused any trouble for me in the past at all. All sceneries you install afterwards will then have a higher priority and should hence be displayed correctly.

Archived