Altimeter

Lately I've been experiencing disagreements with the altimeter settings in the aircraft. For example, I'm loading FSX basic real-world weather and the internal FSX atis is telling me to set a particular baro ref, but the aircraft will not accept that as valid for checklist purposes. Likewise, when I'm trying to fly online and pulling METARs for locations, FSX thinks those settings are wrong (dramatically so - it asked me to set 29.32 inHg earlier when the METAR said 30.06 in). Basically the only time I can get FSX and the aircraft to agree is at ISA (29.92/1013). Any ideas? Maybe I should try payware weather?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but I do not understand your problem, especially this one: "but the aircraft will not accept that as valid for checklist purposes." Could you please explaion in detail what you mean? Can't you dial in the value?

Make sure that your baro reference on the FCU matches what you are trying to enter into the MCDU. If you have your FCU set to hPa, and then try putting in.Hg into the MCDU it will not work. They have to both match the format.

Archived