MarcelFelde

PC-6 B2-H4 'Turbo Porter' 4X Preview

On 13.7.2018 at 12:14, Greg Skydive sagte:

Fingers still crossed.....

It didn't work out apparently. Well, it is what it is...

Well.. MV did a really(!) good job on the PT-6 simulation in their Turbo Beaver. While it isn't THAT incredibly detailed as Marcel's version was supposed to be, it is pretty realistic in terms of startup, taxi, parameters and failure/overstress simulation.

Now that the powerplant simulation is available, other PT-6 equipped aircraft will follow.. I wouldn't be surprised if a PC-6 would also be on their list. Maybe not with adjustable sliding doors, but still a solid addon.

Nevertheless I would immediately buy Marcel's version, but the market would get less profitable for sure with two good addons available.

This is sad. I wish someone could take over the project and get it completed.

I needed a turbine bush plane and, although I much preferred Marcel's PC-6, delivery seemed very indefinite. :mecry_s:

I sprung instead for the MV Turbo Beaver.  The PC-6 simulation is good and it seems to fly realistically.  You must manage ITT as well as torque.  I don't like the curtain between the cockpit and cabin.  I always liked looking at cabin in my Twin Otter to see my white knuckled pax. 

1 hour ago, obie311 said:

<CORRECTION>

"The PT-6 simulation is good"

But what's up? I assume Marcel like most of the other devs which don't work directly for Aerosoft don't do it for a living. And maybe he has much much work in his real job. And I understand completely that he doesn't have to write private things to us, the community. But I wish Marcel could write some words here if the project will move on or not. 

I know this was written by e.g. Greg also several times. But I won't give up also :-) 

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have not given up.

I bet you didn't, but I'm sure a lot of your potential customers already did...

On 29.8.2018 at 22:40, rapsta sagte:

But what's up? I assume Marcel like most of the other devs which don't work directly for Aerosoft don't do it for a living. And maybe he has much much work in his real job. And I understand completely that he doesn't have to write private things to us, the community. But I wish Marcel could write some words here if the project will move on or not. 

Marcel is working for X-Plane now... and in German Forums he is a pretty outspoken critic of Prepar3D.... I would not bet one Euro that we will see this plane for P3D anytime soon.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:23 PM, mcletsplaymaker said:

I bet you didn't, but I'm sure a lot of your potential customers already did...

Really? I bet you'll purchase it once released :D

20 hours ago, david.hilker said:

Marcel is working for X-Plane now... and in German Forums he is a pretty outspoken critic of Prepar3D.... I would not bet one Euro that we will see this plane for P3D anytime soon.

Link?

vor 2 Stunden , Rimshot sagte:

Link?

Sorry, I can't give you an exact link as it is more the sum of his comments. He is pretty active in the comment section of simflight.de or also flusinews.de and it is just what my opinion is on his comments there: X-Plane very good, P3D not at all and if, only for airliners. My personal suspicion is, that he might release it one day for X-Plane. 

But yes, mopperles link is certainly one part of the puzzle. 

I noticed his comments on simflight.de as well. It brings up the question of whether or not the issue here really is lack of time or lack of interest in this project, maybe both...

On 8/31/2018 at 7:40 AM, david.hilker said:

Apparently Thranda Designs is working on a PC-6 for X-plane .  Here is a Google translation regarding Marcel and P3D.  Perhaps it is just rumour but offered FWIW:

Helifan123 wrote:

Incidentally, the Porter will NOT appear for Prepar3D or be supported for P3D. That's just too much work for Marcel due to the high complexity.

I think that's a shame, but I thought so because of his eg. Simflight very passionate discussion against the P3D. It goes without saying that Marcel's decision for which he develops. However, the trend is probably against his assessment that the P3D would remain only a marginal phenomenon. After all, the proportion of P3D simulants has increased in the past few years (VFR-FS.de) to 30% each year ( click ), which is up to now 40% FSX users over, trend falling. Sure: not representative, but after all, the VFR pilots are one, no THE core group that wants to address Marcel with his Porter.

Even more clearly the figures from the Aerosoft forum , where only a letter of intent should be made: About 50% indicate here, soon to use the Prepar3D, the FSX is just over a third of the votes, X-Plane in third place With 17%.

I really would have loved the Porter, especially since I have enjoyed using the age-old implementation of FSD for many years. Unfortunately, they can not install outside the FSX. From the dream .... :-(

Greetings from Berlin

Markus flugzeug_smilie_184.gif

Let's cut this discussion short. I spoken to Marcel recently and at this moment there is NO chancg of plans. I am the project manager so I would know.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, kobijo128 said:

Is there any hope of the porter being completed in the near future?

From the section header, "Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say." As Mathijs noted on September 2, there are no changes in plans for the product, so there's no point worrying when/if it will be released and no need to worry it's been cancelled.

Hi Folks,

Seems grim - since AS released the CRJ - this was my most anticipated aircraft in your stable - hope you guys make it work (without breaking any records set by the CRJ) - best of luck...

:)

Regards,
Scott