Change pan rate

gkvarga

Can someone please explain how to change the default pan rate to the typical pan rate in FSX. The slow pan rate really annoys me. Also how to change the default 40% zoom. My view is in wide angle, I'm sure as most, so 40% is quite annoying as well.

Thanks for your help

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do. Do you mean the rate with which you can look around in the cockpit?

This would be controlled by FSX itself and has nothing to do with our Airbus since it is the same in all aircraft. I would suggest getting a camera addon for this.

Can someone please explain how to change the default pan rate to the typical pan rate in FSX. The slow pan rate really annoys me. Also how to change the default 40% zoom. My view is in wide angle, I'm sure as most, so 40% is quite annoying as well.

Thanks for your help

Ah, what you need to do is actually switch to the Virtual Cockpit. It does not start at the VC unless you disable the View System. When you cycle through views using "S" and "A", you will not be brought to the VC. Just press "Shift+A" once and you'll go to the VC. The default view there has a slower pan rate then the traditional VC view.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I like the view system but don't like the slower pan rate. I like to use pan when taxiing, and this rate is too slow for that. Most other times I use SPACEBAR+mouse so it's not an issue then of course. Is there a reason this pan rate was chosen? It seems a bit odd to have such a slow pan rate but normal tilt rate. Can you switch in and out of the view system easily?

Kevin

As said Kevin, we did not implement this panrate, but Microsoft did. You would have to ask the MS support about this, but most likely they won't be able to answer it either anymore.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As said Kevin, we did not implement this panrate, but Microsoft did. You would have to ask the MS support about this, but most likely they won't be able to answer it either anymore.

You missed the point. The hat switch pan rate in your view system is much slower than default behaviour. The same is true with the new A318/319. Something in your views system is slowing the pan rate down. If I switch views OFF and use the VC there is no problem with panning using the hat switch.

I also reported that the initial zoom is too wide, but that hasn't been answered. If I have views OFF the default zoom is as set in cameras.cfg (0.7 in my case). Is there anyway to change the default zoom in views mode from 0.4? I know you can change it with +/- keys or the mouse scroll wheel but it reverts to 0.4 every time you load a flight.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is something that can be tweaked per aircraft as in my PMDG 737NGX the pan rate is much faster. I was under the impressions this was a setting in the Cameras section of the aircraft,cfg. If I get time I will compare the PMDG VC view with the Aerosoft VC view and see what the differences are.

Ken

Ken

This is the only difference I found between PMDG and Aerosoft, and kind of makes sense although I have not made this change in the Aerosoft product yet.

In the PMDG aircraft.cfg file under Virtual Cockpit I have this additional line:

xyzAccelleratorTime=2.0

I guess by altering the time you can speed up or slow down the pan rate in any window? If I get time later on tonight I will try this and let you know what happens.

Ken

Panning slow factory settings drive me crazy this is all you have to do shown below - make both 100 in your cameras file - has nothing to do with aircraft - its the sim itself fsx or P3D - this work great

* Locate Cameras.cfg under C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX directory
* Under CameraDefinition.002 (Virtual Cockpit) section
* Modify the number (degrees per second) of the following two:

• PitchPanRate=15 // vertical pan rate — I use 100
  • HeadingPanRate=45 // horizontal pan rate — I use 100

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 and Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. They are both superb, but I do find the pan rate in the "CP and FO MAIN PANEL" very slow.

I read rsvette12's post #12 above, but instead I tried altering the HeadingPanRate settings in each individual aircraft.cfg for:

[CameraDefinition.007] Title = "CP MAIN PANEL"

and

[CAMERADEFINITION.008] Title= "FO MAIN PANEL"

to

HeadingPanRate= 60 (default is 10)

This results in an acceptable pan rate in both the above views. For me! YMMV.

Paul

Great Paul, going to try that later. I didn't use the view system with the Airbus X but started using it again with the new A318/319 and the slow horizontal tilt is really annoying especially when taxing. I see the problem was reported in other topics but guess not widely enough to be addressed by the developers.

Thanks

I have the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 and Aerosoft Airbus X Extended. They are both superb, but I do find the pan rate in the "CP and FO MAIN PANEL" very slow.

I read rsvette12's post #12 above, but instead I tried altering the HeadingPanRate settings in each individual aircraft.cfg for:

[CameraDefinition.007] Title = "CP MAIN PANEL"

and

[CAMERADEFINITION.008] Title= "FO MAIN PANEL"

to

HeadingPanRate= 60 (default is 10)

This results in an acceptable pan rate in both the above views. For me! YMMV.

Paul

I have never had a problem doing it as I stated works perfectly - but going to try your method Paul - thanks

Archived