Rest in peace, Captain

mason-dom

i am not opening topics in Aerosoft any time. But i feel i can use this privilege tonight.

Apparently Bob Randazzo, CEO of PMDG has uphold Captain Zaharie, from Malaysian airlines, suspected by many medias around the world of beeing guilty to posses a flight Simulator and a cockpit.

Bob Randazzo is right. And we should all support him on this matter. Since when is it a crime to possess and use a flight simulator cockpit ? How long it will takes to opinions to prohibite the use of plastic cockipts, hardware and fs-addon ?

I BEG Aerosoft to keep open this topic in the interest of our mutual leisure.

Flight simulation is not an offense, not a crime, just a peaceful leasure, mostly shared in community.

Captain Zaharie, rest in peace, We share with you your passion for aviation.

For ever.

Dom Mason

No offence intended, but neither is there an official conclusion (yet ...) that Cap. Zaharie is dead, nor has the investigation into any deliberate action involved in the disappearance of MH-370 ended.

There were 239 persons onboard. If we have reason to mourn for Cap. Zaharie, we have reason to mourn for the other 238 persons onboard, too, as well as to be compassionate with their relatives, friends, neighbours and colleagues.

PMDG and flight simming are the most irrelevant issues in this tragedy for sure.

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry but I do not feel this is a good topic for a company forum. Only silly people will ever blame Flight Simulator for being a reason or tool in such an act. It's just as weird as blaming Boeing for making the aircraft. PMDG was involved as clearly the captain ran their 777 product on his home cockpit. And PMDG was asked to assist as obviously the law enforcement agencies did not have a lot of expertise in high end 777 simulations. PMDG did just that as they are highly responsible (Robert is a captain after all, these tend to be people with a more than normal sense of responsibility.

I share the feelings of many people who want to know what happen and fear for the worst, but this is not a topic that I feel makes sense here. I will not allow speculations on how the sim was involved because... well because it is speculation and we are talking about people live here.

As you urge me not to close the topic, I will not. It will be very heavily moderated however. If you want to add something it better be good or it is gone. There are hundreds of forums where you can speculate. This is not one.

There might never be any answer to this mystery.

I am just supporting here flight simulation as a leisure. And the honor of a man who - may i remember everybody - cannot defend himself (so far).

Every FS editor should now be very aware of the threat* against fs simulation and this business.

this is for real and i will defend my leisure.

(but, yeah, i totally understand and concurr that this topic requires a heavy moderation....)

Dom Mason

(*) for a week, many international channels have presented captain Zaharie Shah as a potential terrorist

because he was owning a personnal FS cockpit.

Just imagine the effect, the deep impact of these images on peoples around the world..

• Deputy Sheriffs

All of you are right and I totally agree that the Aerosoft forum is most definitely not the place for speculations. The topic is way too serious and tragic for that...

I just wanted to share a piece of information the Daily Telegraph published last night: the ATC transcript of MH370.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10710250/MH370-live-Final-minutes-of-communication-revealed-as-search-continues.html

The world-wide maintream media has too much time to fill in their 24 hour news cycle. So, they have to look at any tidbit of info to fill that time. What ever happened to journalism where information is checked, verified multiple times before reporting it?

There are many PGA and European golfers who have hitting simulators; F1 and other professional drivers have driving simulators; world class football (soccer) play Fifa on their game systems; etc. I am a software developer and I have a computer and develop software at home. I am a pilot and have a flight simulator at home.

Am I and everyone else I mentioned terrorists because we/they partake in their profession at home? I think not.

Marty

For those who haven't read it, this is Robert Randazzo's statement concerning the loss of flight MH370.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436853-pmdg-simulations-comments-on-the-loss-of-mh-370/

Mr. Randazzo's sensible and dignified thoughts are in stark contrast to certain news media outlets, who will plumb any depth in order to report something, indeed anything, on a story which is as yet unknown. In my opinion, nothing more need be said.

Archived