Can´t export flight plan to FSX

Howdy folks,

I´ve installed PFPX just yesterday evening. Looking fine so far, great tool. But i´ve got one big problem I haven´t been able to fix: Whenever I try to save an flightplan to my FSx files folder, I get the message "Can´t write to file". Eporting to the PMDG 777 or eanything esle works. PFPX has full administrator rights. Any idea how to fix that?

Hi

Just click at the top at "Browse", first select the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX)". Browse at yours "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" folder.

I did what you said. In the Route export window at the FSX folder line is the correct path to my FSX files folder where all the plight plans are stored. But it keeps telling me that it is unable to wrtite the file.

Good day

Yes I had also this error but it had works after.

I assume that you have installed as administrator, what about your windows version, is your UAC deactivated(if you have one), maybe you should try to do it if it is not.

EDIT, have you check this post, "http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78212-export-to-fsx-pfpx-says-no/".

Good day

Yes I had also this error but it had works after.

I assume that you have installed as administrator, what about your windows version, is your UAC deactivated(if you have one), maybe you should try to do it if it is not.

EDIT, have you check this post, "http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78212-export-to-fsx-pfpx-says-no/".

Installed as admin, UAC off from the very first day. I´m using Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I just made sure that every user (should be only one, that´s me/admin but apparently it´s a whole lot of different things noted as users) has full read and write rights in that folder. It´s so strange, when I use Virtual Dispatch (what I used before), I can compile the route files in the exactly same folder without any problem.

Did you follow the link given above? And please post a screenshot ofthe export dialog.

Sorry for takeing so long to get back to you. Here is what I see when I try to save a flight plan:

PFPX_zpscfecce64.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, so the problem is quite clear: the path in the line "FSX Folder" is not correct. As the name says it has to point to the root folder of your FSX where the fsx.exe is located. Also the path "Document folder" is wrong. it should be the path for your documents (z.B. "Eigene Dateien"), the root folder where the Folder "Flight Simulator X Dateien" lies.

Well, so the problem is quite clear: the path in the line "FSX Folder" is not correct. As the name says it has to point to the root folder of your FSX where the fsx.exe is located. Also the path "Document folder" is wrong. it should be the path for your documents (z.B. "Eigene Dateien"), the root folder where the Folder "Flight Simulator X Dateien" lies.

AFAIK, the path to the FSX folder was automaticly set to the correct FSX position but I changed it to what you see after it first didn´t work. Ok, so now the FSX path is set to D:\FSX where my FSX root folder is. Document folder path is set to the document root folder. But still the same error.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In this case I have no eyplanation other then you are still doing something wrong (sorry ;) ) or your overall system setup differs from standards, or simply for some reasons you do not have sufficient access rights. For examle, working with a user account with adminsitrative rights is not the same as working as Administrator.

In this case I have no eyplanation other then you are still doing something wrong (sorry ;) ) or your overall system setup differs from standards, or simply for some reasons you do not have sufficient access rights. For examle, working with a user account with adminsitrative rights is not the same as working as Administrator.

I´ve got no user account on my machine as I´m the only one using it. The strange thing is that every other programm such as Virtual Dispatch which does exactly the same (writing a file in to that speciffic folder) has no problem whatsoever.

the path to the document folder is wrong. it has to end with documents, you chose the "flight simulator x files" folder additionaly.

It has to look look like that:

D:\Users\Anwender\Documents

• Deputy Sheriffs

I´ve got no user account on my machine as I´m the only one using it. The strange thing is that every other programm such as Virtual Dispatch which does exactly the same (writing a file in to that speciffic folder) has no problem whatsoever.

That cannot be. When installing Windows you have to setup an account. The Administrator account is setup per default in the background and usually not visible. Please make again a screenshot of the export window.

the path to the document folder is wrong. it has to end with documents, you chose the "flight simulator x files" folder additionaly.

It has to look look like that:

D:\Users\Anwender\Documents

Mik75,

Thank you for this. I was having the same problems with the write errors as well.

Francisco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:hi2_s: Greetings from NZCH,

Thanks Mik75, I had the same problem, thanks to you, resolved!

I think we get so focussed on the location of the FSX plans folder, that we convince ourselves that the Flight Simulator X Files folder is the correct one, then we lose the fact that PFPX just needs to know where the documents folder is, and does the rest for us!

:bow_down2_s: Best regards and thanks to you, and the rest of the Sim Community,

Pat

Archived