Dublin OOM errors

• Aerosoft

This is customer support from aerosoft?

Congratulations.

But it is 100% true. So why is the comment a bad one?

In the last version the scenery is still demanding, but only a little bit more then other products. And most certainly less then some scenery that is in production (not from us).

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

lol, to be clear, on my system I've calculated that Mega Airport Dublin uses aprox over 800 MBs of VAS which is a bit demanding, especially for users who want the 'full experience' with other add-ons. Something will have to be cut down on.

Does anybody know the VAS limit for Prepar3d ( Latest Version) by any chance ?

I just tried on a clean FSX with only Dublin installed. Hovering over the tower at 500 feet I see the scenery uses 525 Mb.

Hi

My FSX.cfg (only important entrys)

TextureMaxLoad=14

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]

Mode=1680x1050x32

TriLinear=1

[GRAPHICS]

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

D3D10=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=1

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ForceWindowedVSync=1

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

NUM_LIGHTS=8

See_Self=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

Text_Scroll=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

[TERRAIN]

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=23

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

WATER_EFFECTS=0

This is one of your memory eaters. I'd never deal with ESP tweaks i can't evaluate. ;)

Hi

So You said that this entry (IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048) should cause OOM?

I can tell You that I didn't have OOM for know.

And also I don't have memory leak.

But who knows.

Anyway thanks for tip.

This is explanation of this entry:

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=16

The value of this setting is set at the minimum, 16, and can be any value up to 2048. The higher the number the more accurately a curved polygon will be rasterized. The value 16 indicates a rasterization of approximately 80 meters down to approximately 0.5 meter accuracy for the 2048 setting. There is a performance penalty with the time it takes to rasterize a region, and the memory required for the resulting sampling bitmap.

Has

So You said that this entry (IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048) should cause OOM?

As you may read in many support posts around this forum, the only fsx.cfg tweak officially recommended by Aerosoft is adding the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the [Graphics] section.

All the others at at your own risk. While some may improve something in some cases, most usually they will make a lot of mess and support becomes difficult if not impossible.

Hi.

Don't want to hijack this topic, but I'm not the one who had the problems with Dublin.

About this tweak, I didn't enter it manually probably it is from Bojote tweaking tool.

I will left this because really I don't have any problems with my FSX.

BRGDS

Has

• 2 months later...

there must be a way to release memory when you hit the oom error?

even if you get the reload scenery balk its still better than restart fsx all over again.

the guy that finds a solution to this oom issues and inventing some piece of software for it, will be a rich man :-)

i think there must be a way to release that memory on a 32 bit platform maybe im to optimistic

Archived