Compatibility of products with P3d v2

• Aerosoft

Posting this here as it is more of a general topic.

Recently we seen some questions why we claim a product is compatible with P3d while it clearly does not work in P3d v2. Well the reason for that is rather simple. The product IS compatible with P3d and there was no P3d v2 at the moment we released the product.

Now it is hard for a company that has a large stock of boxes (that have text like 'compatible with Prepar3d' on it) to change our webpages to show this and not to reprint all the box covers. Putting a sticker on it that states it is not compatible with something is like dipping it in anthrax because no shop will want that. And basically we feel it is not really needed. P3d and P3d v2.1 are NOT the same product. They share part of their name. But so does Flight Simulator 2004, Flight Simulator X and Flight Simulator 98. Yet they are NOT the same product. They share some compatibility just as P3d and P3d V2 share some compatibility.

If we say some product is a add-on for Flight Simulator 2004 that does not imply it is compatible with Flight Simulator X, just as when we say a product is compatible with P3d does not imply it is compatible with P3d v2.1.

Now that said, we are hard at work with Lockheed Martin (very nice people) to get things compatible. As you understand that with over 150 products opening all products and changing them is very hard. We are not a small company that does one or two products a year, we do one or two a week. So making the sim compatible is highly preferable then changing the products from our point of view.

Of course our latest releases like Thessaloniki and Dublin are fully compatible.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Understood Mathijs, but since the reorganization I can't seem to find a P3D2.X category here anymore. Does it still exist?

Thanks,

Clayton

post-12207-0-39816800-1395165729_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I hate the word 'compatiblse'! It covers such a wide range of possibilities... Jor example, even the products that are 'not' compatible with P3D v2.x, can often be installed using the EMT!

Maybe it would be helpful. in the future to identify thhe 'compatibility' with the exact product version f P3D, like "compatiblee with. Prepar3d v1.7. or Prear3D v2.0,... cosidering the future releases twe are going to see over the coming months andd years. Like 64bit versio,...?

Volker

• 2 weeks later...

I have just purchased FSC-9.5, it does state on the web page that is compatible with FS2004-FSX and PR3D v1-2, I am assuming that means both ver1 and ver2.On installation it cant find my PR3D V2 directory. Anyone experienced this problem?

• Aerosoft

I have just purchased FSC-9.5, it does state on the web page that is compatible with FS2004-FSX and PR3D v1-2, I am assuming that means both ver1 and ver2.On installation it cant find my PR3D V2 directory. Anyone experienced this problem?

As explained in the starting topic, P3D and P3d V2 are different sims, just like FS2004 and FSX (heck they were based on the same Direct X version, lol).

• 1 year later...

Do you have an up to date list of products that are compatible with Prepar3d v2.x?

Something similar to this list, from ORBX.

It would help me decide what I want to buy and make purchasing from Aerosoft much easier and would probably encourage me and many others to buy more from you.

It would be great if you could add a 'Add to Wishlist' option in your store, so that when I come back, I can easily find what I wanted to buy.

Thanks,
Toby

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering if you are going to make PANC X, and PAFA X, compatible with Prepar3D V2.5 ?

Thank you,

Jerry Friz, Panc

• 2 months later...

Hi Mathijs,

perhaps it's a naive consideration/request, but... I installed all Aerosoft products from FSX (which I'll never come back to) in P3D 2.5 by means of Migration Tool. 95% were compatible with the only exception of PAPI and runway lights in several cases; often they didn't work properly. Visible at moments and nothing more.

Now, due to the fact that I (like many people) purchased nearly all of your Mega Airports still for FSX - not to speak of the rest of your catalogue -, couldn't be possibile to work out some update at least for the upper mentioned light systems?

Thanks for any answer,

Fulvio

Hi Mathijs,

thanks for your answer. Well, perhaps I put it too much simple for a serious brand such as Aerosoft in re-doing so complex softwares. But what can I expect with this lot of Mega Airports developed in the past? Any chance to get them updated in some future?

Thanks again,

Fulvio

• 1 month later...

Archived