Mega Airport Dublin performance issues

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Massive issues for me too. When I start up at EIDW on the ground, everything very smooth. However, when I try and fly into EIDW (have tried 3 times now) from EGNX, EGBB and EGSS, all the surrounding area goes blurry, none of the runway lights show up until about 500ft then as you land, my FSX just crashes.

I am using FTX global and have LOOOOADS of aerosoft airports, all of which have no probs at all. Hahn, Keflavik, Antalya, Thessaloniki you name it. But when I try and land into EIDW, no can do.

Am also running low res textures not 2098 (or whatever they're called).

This is very frstrating and I am beginning to regret forking out 20 odd pounds for this. It must be a scenery fault because I never get this with other Aerosoft airports, FSDreamteam airports or UK2000 airports.

I downloaded 1.00. Should I now download 1.01? Is this an update of some sort?

Exactly the same problem here - brilliant scenery to look at with no problems when I start a flight from EIDW, but when I fly into it from elsewhere I get blurred textures for a few miles radius around the airport and the airport buildings themselves often do not appear until some minutes after I have landed. This happens irrespective of the aircraft I use and my sim has otherwise been running very smoothly for some time.

I too have multiple other Aerosoft Mega, FlyTampa, FSDT, UKXtreme airports and do not get a similar problem anywhere else. I have tried it with 1K as well as 2K textures and have reduced everything in the configuration tool as much as possible but it makes no difference.

I trust Aerosoft will find a solution for this but in the interim, I am (sadly) going to have to re-install my Eiresim version of EIDW and, in future, will wait for a few week's worth of forum reports before buying another Mega Airport.

Bill

Exactly the same problem here - brilliant scenery to look at with no problems when I start a flight from EIDW, but when I fly into it from elsewhere I get blurred textures for a few miles radius around the airport and the airport buildings themselves often do not appear until some minutes after I have landed. This happens irrespective of the aircraft I use and my sim has otherwise been running very smoothly for some time.

I too have multiple other Aerosoft Mega, FlyTampa, FSDT, UKXtreme airports and do not get a similar problem anywhere else. I have tried it with 1K as well as 2K textures and have reduced everything in the configuration tool as much as possible but it makes no difference.

I trust Aerosoft will find a solution for this but in the interim, I am (sadly) going to have to re-install my Eiresim version of EIDW and, in future, will wait for a few week's worth of forum reports before buying another Mega Airport.

Bill

No replies to this from anyone yet but by a process of elimination, I have discovered that the problem relates to FTX Ireland. When I inactivate that, Aerosoft EIDW performs very well - so my apologies to Aerosoft! I now just need to find a solution to that as I would very much like to have both running simultaneously and I wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

No replies to this from anyone yet but by a process of elimination, I have discovered that the problem relates to FTX Ireland. When I inactivate that, Aerosoft EIDW performs very well - so my apologies to Aerosoft! I now just need to find a solution to that as I would very much like to have both running simultaneously and I wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Bill

Hi.

I concur with your findings as I tried running Dublin without FTX Ireland (Republic) and the improvement in performance was massive and no OOM's.

It seems that FTX Ireland scenery doesn't run too well with Dublin?

Thanks for the heads-up too, as now I can enjoy the airport at long last :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Bill

Bill have you tried setting the FTX lights to DAY mode?

This effectively disables them and should help frames a lot.

Thanks Deetee I tried that but to no avail. With me however, frame rates were not a significant problem at EIDW, but the issue, as I described above, was slow loading of autogen and textures for EIDW and for a few miles radius around it. EIDW buildings appeared about 30 seconds after landing and the ground textures and surrounding Orbx textures / autogen appeared about 2 minutes after landing. I could then however do a flight out of EIDW, lets say to Manchester, and back and everything was ok on return or if I initially loaded a flight at Dublin everything was ok! I have tested flying into other high demand scenery areas from a long distance away (eg Aerosoft FRA to Aerosoft Berlin Brandenburg or Flight Beam KIAD to FSDT KJFK with Aerosoft Manhattan) and despite these being resource intensive scenery areas, the problem did not occur there. Initially I thought I had resolved the problem by resetting my Nvidia Inspector settings and refreshing my cfg but the problem is still occurring and I continue to look at the Nvidia settings but wonder why it just occurs at EIDW!

Bill

I don't understand performance at this airport, it reminds me of EHAM.

I have 1024 textures, no flags or grass, and my framerates are just as poor as if I had all the features enabled. What is going on? This is a new install just purchased yesterday from the Aerosoft store.

• 4 weeks later...

I see people talking about 1.02, and there is a patch for 1.02 in the update section.

But in my purchasing history I can download version 1.10

Which version is the latest?

Archived