Mega Airport Dublin performance issues

Not a Dublin issue. I've seen this randomly on other aiports as well. Reason was the aircraft or the AI addon or broken AI fightplans.

But i have this problem on IVAO and i do not have any AI package on my FSX.

I don't see this problem in other airports.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

I've also the same issue of FR888, i see the other traffic on IVAO very very bad:

sg5a.jpg

Please solve it the issue.

Well our scenery does not place IVAO aircraft. So nothing we can do about that.

If you never seen this before you are pretty lucky!

Well our scenery does not place IVAO aircraft. So nothing we can do about that.

If you never seen this before you are pretty lucky!

So, i don't have this problem in other airport but only in Dublin AS, and you cannot do about that?

I have other scenery of AS like Bergamo, Weeze X and i don't see this problem.

• Aerosoft

So, i don't have this problem in other airport but only in Dublin AS, and you cannot do about that?

What do you want us to do, rewrite the part of FSX that renders AI traffic? As part of a scenery?

The effect is well known and ther reason is not always clear. It looks like one of the parameters of the traffic is not transmitted or not received. It does seem to happen more when FSX is slow though.

8 GB of physical RAM is just fine: Physical RAM usage never exceeds 6.x GB with FSX. (The VAS limit still remains at 4 GB, don't get confused by that - VAS is a different concept.)

Loading issues can be related to bottlenecks

- between harddisk and RAM (scenery loading progress from the "Fly now!" screen, blurry textures in flight, etc.)

- or caused by your GPU bandwidth/VRAM size (untextured objects/"grey blocks" for so-and-so many seconds)

Thanks for explain, I understand ... I'm not problem with blurry textures or untextured objects ... just Dublin and by night !
If I have some config problems, I think that's problem happen also, pause freezer, with some others heavy airport use 4 K textures, but not ... Some others heavy airport are some time more over 1G data and use without problem ... !
Now, no problem by day ... just by night, have this pause freezer in the airport... What's the différence day / night ?
Not Textures, not BGL that's the same size ... .... ... may be, one way, "Attachement light effect" on a lot off object ??? ...
I see there is a very lot of effects lights attachment in Dublin scenery ! And In FSX a lot of lights effect improve the performance !
Now, I also reduce this performence issue with use 1 K textures ... but that's a little bit frustation versus some other mega airport use in 4 K without problems

• Aerosoft

Now, I also reduce this performence issue with use 1 K textures ... but that's a little bit frustation versus some other mega airport use in 4 K without problems

And those airports simply do not contain the same number of objects. You pay with memory for everything you see.

Personally the airport runs at a steady 40+ fps on my system.

post-43-0-42220400-1395244745_thumb.png

post-43-0-77513200-1395244760_thumb.png

Just purchased it, however I am disappointed in the quality and performance of this scenery. I have been a loyal customer for years now, but I have to say lately the sceneries are pushed out more quickly and I personally think the quality of this product is not Aerosoft wordy.

I had to disable most of the options to get it running smoothly, however the textures are way below standard even in 2k. When paying almost 25 euros you would expect descent quality and great support. However, I see trend here. It most of the time the customers fault that the scenery isn’t working as it should. For this price great support service should be included.

Just for the record I am not saying that all products are below standard, however for an internal Aerosoft project I expected a lot more quality of the textures and better performance.

Edit: doing my first flight and i have the same issue as previously repport, my IVAO traffic models are being wrongly displayed or modified, never seen or had this problem before.

Mathijs, That's easy have 40 fps without weather, without AI traffic, without airplane, without panel, without lights effect, without all traffic road option, without autogène ... etc ...
In this way, on my système I have more 60 fps ...
If you follow this way for test your product, I understand why a lot of customers are disappointed and unsatisfied about ...

Yes I find some of the support responses deeply patronising. People are saying (included me) that there is no problem with any other Mega airport. I have tried to fly from EGNS to EIDW today in my PMDG 737 and EIDW didn't even load! I have loads of very detailed scenery and even on minimum graphics (no autogen, detail sliders down, no vol grass and low res textures) this thing doesn't even show up.

There is something wrong with this product and to say there isn't is madness. And if it can't be fixed I want a refund, because you cannot pay good money for a product that doesn't work and then say 'you're stuck with it'. I have got a really good fsx.cfg that serves me well and a fairly good system. This product is just not working correctly. And if the excuse is that this scenery, unlike any other (including Thessaloniki, which is lovely), is absolutely MAXED out and that you can only run it with a default plane, no FTX, no AI and clear skies, then that is an Aerosoft problem, not the user's, and needs to be fixed.

This is simply unbelievable!. This scenery has many problems and there's nothing you can do about it, Aerosoft? I've never had AI traffic messed up as I'm having right now at Aerosoft Dublin. NEVER! This AI traffic issue was not happening before version 1.01.

What about the flickering jetbridges mentioned above? What about performance issues? Huge stuttering? I have many Aerosoft sceneries and none of them performes as bad as Dublin.

I've spent 20 euros on something that is unusable right now and was expecting a little more effort from the support team.

PS. ptr7000, I couldn't agree more with you! If there's no solution for scenery I'll be waiting for a refund as well.

This is simply unbelievable!. This scenery has many problems and there's nothing you can do about it, Aerosoft? I've never had AI traffic messed up as I'm having right now at Aerosoft Dublin. NEVER! This AI traffic issue was not happening before version 1.01.

What about the flickering jetbridges mentioned above? What about performance issues? Huge stuttering? I have many Aerosoft sceneries and none of them performes as bad as Dublin.

I've spent 20 euros on something that is unusable right now and was expecting a little more effort from the support team.

PS. ptr7000, I couldn't agree more with you! If there's no solution for scenery I'll be waiting for a refund as well.

Yes I find some of the support responses deeply patronising. People are saying (included me) that there is no problem with any other Mega airport. I have tried to fly from EGNS to EIDW today in my PMDG 737 and EIDW didn't even load! I have loads of very detailed scenery and even on minimum graphics (no autogen, detail sliders down, no vol grass and low res textures) this thing doesn't even show up.

There is something wrong with this product and to say there isn't is madness. And if it can't be fixed I want a refund, because you cannot pay good money for a product that doesn't work and then say 'you're stuck with it'. I have got a really good fsx.cfg that serves me well and a fairly good system. This product is just not working correctly. And if the excuse is that this scenery, unlike any other (including Thessaloniki, which is lovely), is absolutely MAXED out and that you can only run it with a default plane, no FTX, no AI and clear skies, then that is an Aerosoft problem, not the user's, and needs to be fixed.

Guys well said, couldn't have said it better myself!

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, That's easy have 40 fps without weather, without AI traffic, without airplane, without panel, without lights effect, without all traffic road option, without autogène ... etc ...

In this way, on my système I have more 60 fps ...

If you follow this way for test your product, I understand why a lot of customers are disappointed and unsatisfied about ...

And how would you test the speed of a airport scenery otherwise?

I don´t really understand that you´re angry with aerosoft...!!! I´m sure that they will have a look on the scenery, again. If they can reproduce your problem, they´ll find a fix. It´s possible that something is wrong with your system or settings. Next time you should wait a couple of days, until you buy new sceneries, so you can read the first reviews etc.

• Aerosoft

I don´t really understand that you´re angry with aerosoft...!!! I´m sure that they will have a look on the scenery, again. If they can reproduce your problem, they´ll find a fix. It´s possible that something is wrong with your system or settings. Next time you should wait a couple of days, until you buy new sceneries, so you can read the first reviews etc.

There is no way a scenery can cause this AI issue (it does not render AI traffic). And it is a well known issue. I had it last week on EDDF. So we'll not be looking at that issue because there is just nothing we can do about that.

I do not at all agree to his evaluation of our support efforts. EVERY single issue reported was tested here today. But we simply could not recreate the issues on our clean systems. Apart from removing parts of the scenery for users that are low on VAS there is nothing we know how to fix.

This afternoon I assisted one of our testers who reported similar issues as reported. I logged onto his system. deleted the FSX.cfg, restarted FSX to have it rebuild. then added the high men tweak and that tester has not see any OOM issues anymore. People push FSX to the limits and for many people this is obvious the most demanding scenery they have loaded.

Mathijs thanks for your reply. However, i feel that the overall performance of the scenery is lacking behind, other developers. I have been running several high level add-ons, FSDT JFK, LAX, as well as FSDG LGTS etc. and never had a stutter and now your saying "this is obvious the most demanding scenery they have loaded." The ammount of buildings and square meters of JFK and LAX is at least double the amount of DUB. How could it be a specific problem of the user? Still I am disappointed in the quality of the work especially when comparing it to other releases. I hope you could fix these issues soon, at the moment I am an unhappy customer.

Edit: At my system performance is equal to Cloud 9 Amsterdam at the moment

Edit: System specs: i5 3570K (@4,4GHZ) | 16GB DDR3 2133MHZ | Nvidia Geforce GTX770 | Main windows HDD: (2x SSD 128gb in RAID0) | FS HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM etc..

(...) I have been running several high level add-ons, FSDT JFK, LAX, as well as FSDG LGTS etc. (...)

Food for thought:

JFK has a 160 MB installer.

LAX installer is 140 MB in size.

The LGTS installer is 950 MB, converting into 1.5 GB of installed scenery. (EDIT: Have you scaled it down via the LGTS city configurator, or is it still the factory state?)

EIDW is different: A 900 MB installer converting into 2.0 GB of scenery - and no "castrator" tool (yet) ...

I am not angry, by the way. Aerosoft has created some absolutely fantastic airports in the past and I have great admiration for the creators of these addons. That is why, Maurice, I did not wait to read the reviews before buying it. I've been dying to have EIDW. I have Oslo V2 - perfect. Thessaloniki - perfect Hahn X - perfect. Keflavik X - perfect. Orly X - perfect. Frankfurt - perfect. Madrid - perfect. Dublin = the airport doesn't even load on approach, with no AI, no weather, no autogen and awfully low scenery sliders. If I START the sim at EIDW, no probs at all. The airport looks lovely and frames smooth as any other Aerosoft airport. But if I approach it, it doesn't even appear on the screen. Just a massive area of blur.

I am not angry but very, very disappointed. What is more disappointing is that, from the reaction, it seems that the line is going to be 'it's you, not us' and I'm going to be left with 25 euros of a completely useless product with no update or refund. If that is the case, I will never buy an aerosoft product again. In fact, I will probably give up the hobby altogether. It has been on my mind for a little while.

In fact, I will probably give up the hobby altogether.

Don't do it, mate! I sometimes try to do it, but it never works!

Enjoy some other airports (I'm sure you've got a great collection) and I'm sure in the mean time problems will get solved this or that way. :)

Just a quick note to say I too have problems with traffic (WOAI). Dublin is my home base in fsx and I never had problem with traffic before.

I did a taxi over to the city jet hanger and while the aircraft was moving runway approach lights kept popping up out of nowhere.

Food for thought:

JFK has a 160 MB installer.

LAX installer is 140 MB in size.

The LGTS installer is 950 MB, converting into 1.5 GB of installed scenery. (EDIT: Have you scaled it down via the LGTS city configurator, or is it still the factory state?)

EIDW is different: A 900 MB installer converting into 2.0 GB of scenery - and no "castrator" tool (yet) ...

Well 2.0 GB and still not matching the quality of some other sceneries they are publishing... How could this be? Still why isn't anybody responding to the quality issue... At the moment the quality is below standards, set by companies like 29palms, FSDG etc. which are actually publishing through Aerosoft. I have to admit that I am surprised to see this kind of "hostile" or rude reaction from some beta members and staff. When a product is hyped via blogs etc they take all the credit and say how amazing it is and are always available to comment, but now some customers are upset and displeased with the product and now nobody is giving any response or any help what so ever. At the moment I feel like we are treated as junk... and all still saying that it’s the customer's fault not Aerosoft’s is just not respectful to the customer...

I am not angry but very, very disappointed. What is more disappointing is that, from the reaction, it seems that the line is going to be 'it's you, not us' and I'm going to be left with 25 euros of a completely useless product with no update or refund. If that is the case, I will never buy an aerosoft product again. In fact, I will probably give up the hobby altogether. It has been on my mind for a little while.

Well 2.0 GB and still not matching the quality of some other sceneries they are publishing... How could this be? Still why isn't anybody responding to the quality issue... At the moment the quality is below standards, set by companies like 29palms, FSDG etc. which are actually publishing through Aerosoft. I have to admit that I am surprised to see this kind of "hostile" or rude reaction from some beta members and staff. When a product is hyped via blogs etc they take all the credit and say how amazing it is and are always available to comment, but now some customers are upset and displeased with the product and now nobody is giving any response or any help what so ever. At the moment i feel like we are treated as junk... and all still saying that it’s the customer's fault not Aerosoft’s.

100% agree.

I've bought a lot of stuff from Aerosoft over the last years and spend a lot of money for it.

I've never been dissatisfied with the performance or the products I have bought.

As I am using a new computer with really good hardwaret, I do not agree with the fact that it is the customer's problem.

Yes, I want a good looking and stable add-on. Yes, I am using other add-ons and the possibilities of FSX are limited.

But isn't it also the developer the one who has to take a look at this point?

Nobody can gain a profit of a new and high standard add-on which isn't running on up-to-date hardware.

Aerosoft doesn't have any advantage in selling such products and the users don't have an advantage in buying them.

I have to say that I love the overall quality of the airport but if there only wouldn't be this performance issue.

I flew EHEH-EIDW today in the PMDG 737NGX and when I arrived at EIDW, the frames weren't the nicest ones, it was around 10 +/- where I normally have 30 fps, even on big airports. I have a pretty new and powerfull machine and a perfectly tweaked FSX.config (atleast for me).

I also noticed that some autogen was just flat when I arrived although I got that issue worked out with making a tick that I use FTX Ireland, which I dont, I just use FTX Global.

GiYCfrX.jpg

I hope you get some fix for this, otherwise im very happy with the airport itsself!

Just to make it worse, just have to confirm after doing a flight from EIDW-LHBP-EIDW, i experienced an OOM when on final at EIDW All other sceneries deactivated. LHBP default so it has to be EIDW.

Archived