Does anyone know how I might be able to backup my saved websites, fuel settings, and aircraft? I did a fair amount of customization and I'd like to not have to re-input everything.

I did so by backing up the folder that had my customized aircraft files and the Browser.xml file (not the one labeled "default") all located within, I believe, the Aerosoft/PFPX folder in your windows Documents folder...but I'm not at my FSX machine to be sure. I was able to successfully back all of this up and copy it into the 1.14 installation, however.

Ran the Update 30 minutes ago - started a flight from EDDS to LIRN = "Compute Flight" ended up with "Ein falsches Argument wurde festgestellt" and PFPX crashed. EDDS to EDDT = same. EDDF to EDDH not. I will try a full installation.

Second attempt: Full installation = is working

Kurt

PS: Not born in "Schwaben"!

1st problem, when I try to build a route the software always puts the direct point to the last point, for example:

if the route is, LIME PAR UL995 FRZ UL12 GIANO LICJ, when click "build" the route become LIME PAR UL995 FRZ UL12 RONAB DCT GIANO LICJ.

Why this???

2nd problem, when I select the runway for dep and landing the software changes automatically, for example:

if i select the rwy 07 for landing and click "build" PFPX change the rwy in 20 automatically.

Any soluction?

With 1.13 it was very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.

I tried to update it using the currently installed PFPX v1.3, I then kept getting an error "Encountered Improper Argument", no idea what this means...

Then I uninstalled everything and then installed PFPX v1.4 from scratch and low and behold, every works. I like the 'new' lighter shade of the menus in the flight-planning page.

I am still having the problem of the METAR being out-of-date by about an hour. METAR's are every half an hour in the UK and PFPX gave me 20:20z and still hasn't updated to 21:20z yet. I have manually clicked on getting the weather and this doesn't seem to work either. Moreover, I have paid for a weather server subscription that is late on giving me the weather.

Is there anyway to speed this up?

I have the same problem as the above poster. I was using 1.13 with no problems, upgraded to 1.14 and functionality for computing routes was completely lost. Unable to use the software to plan routes.

After I rolled back to 1.13 I was able to compute routes again.

I will try installing from scratch and see how that goes.

• 2 months later...

Archived