Comparing Twinotter Extended to the old versions

will :)

I have the new twinotter otter extended and its predecessor, the twinotter x. I have been flying the Extended version a lot lately and decided to revisit the original version, it was like going back to fs2002 with the improvements on the new one. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated! :excellenttext_s:

Yeh, I suppose the old version was good at its time and still kinda is now, so I see where you're coming from. In general, though, the extended has a lot of new featurs and overall is better (in my opinion)

• Aerosoft

I am probably in the minority here.

I prefer the older version.

I fly it at least 10 times more often than I fly the new Extended version.

What exactly do you like more in it? I honestly could not name a single area where the older one is better (except framerates of course)

I don't own either version, but one reason I can offer, and my sole reason for not buying the Extended, is the GPS. I personally would have really preferred a no-glass version.

If the original was just a bit better I'd likely buy it instead, but will likely just skip it.

Just my 2c.

• Deputy Sheriffs

my sole reason for not buying the Extended, is the GPS. I personally would have really preferred a no-glass version.

How about switching the GPS off?

;-)

• Aerosoft

I don't own either version, but one reason I can offer, and my sole reason for not buying the Extended, is the GPS. I personally would have really preferred a no-glass version.

If the original was just a bit better I'd likely buy it instead, but will likely just skip it.

Just my 2c.

No glass? There is just a GPS installed and as far as I know nearly all Twotters got one theses days.

twin-otter-extended-08.jpg

Just look at that, just one gauges build after 2000 in that (and it was put on sale in 2002)

Hey guys ? It's just a preference, and the question was very specific:

To anyone who thinks the old version is better. Let us know why please.

I don't want anything changed, I just would have preferred a full steam version. No more, no less. I'm sure the Extended is very well done, it just isn't my preference.

In any case, it isn't important enough of an issue to me that I need to defend my thoughts. I was just offering my opinion.

Hey guys ? It's just a preference, and the question was very specific:

I don't want anything changed, I just would have preferred a full steam version. No more, no less. I'm sure the Extended is very well done, it just isn't my preference.

In any case, it isn't important enough of an issue to me that I need to defend my thoughts. I was just offering my opinion.

Don't worry Brian, they're not attacking you or anything. We love the new Twotter so sometimes it's hard to wrap our minds around why someone wouldn't want it, GPS all or inop. That's all!

I find it Ok if some people have different opinions about what should be there and what not.

we will never be able to please everyone anyway.

Finn

Archived