ACARS & SOUND

QF052

Hi

Sorry for the questions i am about to ask as they are probably very logical answers, but i am relatively new to this, however:

Q1 How do i set the ACARS IP address correctly, as every time i connect it says invalid IP settings, as i want to try instant Msg etc, i have worked out the inflight FSFK FMC and it works except the msg and traffic??? I already have set FSFK up with my VA within FTG

Q2 Sound, now i have downloaded the sound from the website when i purchased FSFK, and followed the readme txt i think???? when i go into options on the FSFK, i can see the sound profiles have loaded, but when i start up FS there is no sound effects from FSFK?????

Again sorry and hope this all makes sense???

Hi,

Q1: Can you please give me the exact error message when you try to connect to the messaging. Which traffic is not working (AI or VA traffic)?

Q2: Have you selected a sound profile in the options?

Regards

Thomas

Thomas,

The exact error message is as follows: "Failed to connect to the ACARS device. Please verify that the device TCP/IP settings and that an aircraft with the Device isnstalled is loaded in FS", now that is for the connection to ACARS thru FSFK, but have since worked out that will only connect when fsfk fmc is loaded on when fs is running at same time which i have just realiseed!!!!

when i attempt to use the messenger icon this is the error:"Access denied. Unknown user or invalid password".

Now is this something i need to set up with my VA?????

And i have loaded different pofiles and still no sound effects, maybe i have unzipped it incorrectly???, but however i can still see the profiles and contents when i am in the options menu uinder sound?!

Thankyou for your help with this.

Regards

Mark

Okay now i have worked out the messenging problem, had to register!!!!!!!!Doh!!!!!!!!!!!! however no users were logged on for me to test.Now cannot connect to ACARS thru FSFK FMC while in flight due to server timeout now????? and something about: NO LIVE ACARS WATCH DEFINED IN SELECTION CONFIGURATION FILE, for when i depress the ACARS Traffic button. Still no sound?????

Have you registered a user/login for the messaging service? Otherwise it won't work.

If you want to use the VA features of FSFK you need to install the VA specific templates, which you should get from your VA (if they support FSFK).

Can you please check that your sound volume is set to 100%. Next thing you can test is if you can play a sound item from the options dialog: Select a sound profile and click on one of the sound items with your right mouse button and click on the context menu item "Play". Can you hear the sound playing?

Regards

Thomas

tried playing the sound by right clicking the profile and nothing, everything is turned up volume wise, WONDERING IF THE FILES ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE

AWESOME, It works, the folders were all mixed up FSFK, due to my error in unzipping them, so thankyou Thomas for your help and quick replies, another happy customer.

regards

Mark