Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS reviewed by Aerosoft Sim News

Angelique-van-Campen

When ASN reviewer Angelique van Campen says Saitek, she probalby means today the brand new Saitek X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.
With that in mind, she tries to find out "almost" everything of the newly released Saitek X-55 Rhino. According to Angelique "What else can I say about the X-55? I'm impressed by the overall design, which has a little bit of the X-52 Pro and the X-65F", and I'm pleased with, for example, the option to change by your own the tension/artificial feel springs."
Therefore, I invite you to read her comprehensive review of the Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS at ASN.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for this review. I'm currently looking for a new joystick. Question for me is always: how does those "military" style joystick work with aircraft like the Airbus X Extended, Twinotter etc. Maybe this could also be part of future reviews.

Hi Otto,

The X-55 has a military look, totally different then the X-52 Pro, but that makes it not less interesting for civil aircraft. I found the behaviour with the red installed spring in the X-55 comparable with the X-52 Pro when it comes to feeling. Assignments are basically for every type of aircraft. That's not the problem. Advantage of this X-55 throttle unit is that it has two throttle levers and thus perfect for two engine aircraft. That the X-52 Pro has a more "neutral" look doesn't make the X-55 less "civil" use. And yes, the X-55 joystick looks very similar to the X-65F which is a replica of the F-16 fighter, but still, there aree a lot of assignments possible on the stick and throttle unit for, as you suggested, the AS Airbus X Extended or the Twin Otter.

I hope this help in your thoughts and else you can always contact me via Aerosoft.Sim.News@gmail.com.

BTW; are you also at the AS FS Conference in Munich?

Thanks for this review. I'm currently looking for a new joystick. Question for me is always: how does those "military" style joystick work with aircraft like the Airbus X Extended, Twinotter etc. Maybe this could also be part of future reviews.

Archived