[1403] EDBN is missing, ETNU "closed?"

ArneH

Good day,

the icao code EDBN (Neubrandenburg) is missing at least in the PMDG, Flight1ATR and ASX cycle data.

Asthe military airport of Neubrandenburg (ETNU) is closed and not recognized by Brussel anymore it should be deleted from the cycle data, or better: change ETNU into EDBN. ;)

Rgds Arne

EDBN E0532/14 - AD AVBL ONLY FOR VFR FLIGHTS. AD CONTACTS: INFO 122.050, PHONE +49 395 45540. 06 MAR 10:18 2014 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 06 MAR 10:19 2014

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Again, there is no error to report: EDBN is simply a small airfield for VFR flights. Its military code is still ETNU.

NavdataPro is based on Lido from Lufthansa Systems which contains only data relevant for commercial customers with commercial filghts. Even the European AIS Database (EAD) from Eurocontrol doesn't give any information about EDBN, while it gives details for ETNU. EDBN is simply not relevant. ;)

And therefore it will not be added to the NavdataPro database.

BTW: Same applies to Navigraph Data based on Jeppesen.

Hello Otto,

ETNU is a closed military airbase and not recognized anymore by Brussels (CFMU). It is also not available in the EAD database since 1403 - at least the Charts, the AIP part is still in it (Feb 2013). But this does not mean anything. So your data provider is not accurate and you might report it towards them.

If EDBN is a small VFR airfield, why are e.g. EDKB and others included in NDP? ;) And VFR only airfields have never been in the EAD database.

Rgds Arne

• Deputy Sheriffs

So your data provider is not accurate and you might report it towards them.

Ok, so you think Lufthansa Systems got incorrect data. Interesting opinion.

EDBN can not be found in Eurocontrols database, but ETNU is there. So they are also wrong?

And EDKB is not included in NavdataPro (not 1403 nor in 1404).

Again try to understand this:

NavdataPro is based on Lido from Lufthansa Systems which contains only data relevant for commercial customers with commercial filghts.

Ok, so you think Lufthansa Systems got incorrect data. Interesting opinion.

Yes,

(FPL-VAT001-ZN
-RJ1H/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXY/S
-ETNU0905
-N0450F070 DCT BIGTI/N0450F070 IFR Q282 BKD/N450F320 UP12 GARLU UZ717 DLE UZ189 RUNER T858 KOPAG
-EDDK0034
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/140406 REG/DADKB PER/C)

Validation Results

Errors
EFPM228: INVALID VALUE (ADEP)

And now with EDBN

(FPL-VAT001-ZN
-RJ1H/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXY/S
-EDBN0905
-N0450F070 DCT BIGTI/N0450F070 IFR Q282 BKD/N450F320 UP12 GARLU UZ717 DLE UZ189 RUNER T858 KOPAG
-EDDK0034
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/140406 REG/DADKB PER/C)

Validation Results

NO ERRORS

As you see ETNU does not exist anymore for CFMU/NOP. It is still in the EAD database (ET AD AIP) because it hasn't been updated for now. And VFR airfields have never been in the EAD database.

What I am wondering about is that eg EDKB is included in the LIDO database, but not EDBN -they are both small VFR airfields. If it's this way ok, but then ETNU is still wrong in the database. ;)

Rgds Arne

• Deputy Sheriffs

What I am wondering about is that eg EDKB is included in the LIDO database, but not EDBN -they are both small VFR airfields. If it's this way ok, but then ETNU is still wrong in the database.

Any proof? Screenshot?

The CFMU validation is not a proof, sorry.

Any proof? Screenshot?

The CFMU validation is not a proof, sorry.

A proof that e.g. EDKB is included? How about looking into your own data?

But here is a screenshot of the Flight1 Atr72 airports.txt:

EDKB01.PNG

Or a proof that the small airfields are not included in the EAD?

EDKB02.PNG

E.g. no EDBN in the EAD database...

EDKB03.PNG

and also no EDKB. Just like all other VFR only fields.

I will ask for an official reply from DFS/Eurocontrol - so we'll see who's wrong. ;) If I'm wrong, drop me a message if you are @W14 or near Cologne - I owe you a beer then :P

Edit:

Just had a look at DFS-AIS:

ETNU01.png

No ETNU,

ETNU02.png

but EDBN. ;)

Excerpt of the ICAO chart:

ETNU03.png

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, you are correct that e.g. EDKB is included in some databases, as this might depend on the addon.

But again as I said above: that fact that not every aiport is included is not necessarily a mistake by the dataprovider, as the content is oriented on the commercial customers. I also checked the databases from Navigraph (based on Jeppesen/Navtech) and they also do not include EDBN. So obviously there is a rule behind this.

And if you still insist that Eurocontrol, Lufthansa System and Jeppesen are all wrong, I have nothing more to add.

Hi!

What I am wondering about is that eg EDKB is included in the LIDO database, but not EDBN -they are both small VFR airfields. If it's this way ok, but then ETNU is still wrong in the database. ;)

At least the last part of Arne's statement is still unanswered. Need proof?

Notam ET/U-0027/14

XYA1340
GG ENHBZEZN ENZZMILX
130823 ETCZYOYX
(U0027/14 NOTAMN
Q) EDWW/QAFXX/V/NBO/E/000/999/5303N01021E180
A) EDWW
 1403200001  C) PERM
E) GEMIL FLIP VAD
ETNU-PROCEDURE
PROCEDURES/AERODROME CHART ETNU VAD ARE DELETED.
AMEND PAGE VII ACCORDINGLY.)

>>> END-OF-BULLETIN <<<

Regards, Jörg

And if you still insist that Eurocontrol, Lufthansa System and Jeppesen are all wrong, I have nothing more to add.

Yes I do.

What more proofs do you need? How about doing some research yourself? I provided you what you asked for. Where is your problem to report this issue to your data provider as there is obviously a small glitch? But who am I to tell you what you shall do.

Thank you Jörg for highlighting the important part.

But to simplify it again: ETNU does not exist anymore and thus it does not belong to the cycle data anymore!

Archived