Bronco and P3Dv2

twharrell

I have really enjoyed this aircraft in P3Dv1.4. In fact I am shocked it doesn't get as much hype ad it deserves. Anyway, I was wondering if there has been any discussion to make an installer for v2.0. I have tried installing as is, pointing to my v2.0 location. While the aircraft looks amazing, I noticed the torque gauges don't work and taxi speeds are difficult to manage, unlike in v1.4. I'm sure it's a v2.0 compatibility issue, which is why I am hoping it will become v2.0 compatible in the near future. In the meantime I am keeping it in v1.4.

Todd

I will better wait and see what can be done.

Presently with V2.1 something has changed with the XML parser that ubder certain circumstances causes issues with xml gauges.

Finn

Yea, I just saw that in the LM forums and it looks like the XML issue will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I just tried installing again hoping maybe last time was a fluke. It looks good (shadows rock), switches work, prop animations work. I can start the airplane but when I advance the throttles, it won't move. I did replace the ASC.dll file that was recommended in the P3Dv2 forums. Just curious, are there any special files that may have not installed that I should try to install manually? I noticed during installation that Appdata/Lockheed Martin/Roaming and ProgramData/Lockheed Martin folders were mentioned, however the Prepar3D folders were targeted, not Prepar3Dv2. Could I be missing something?

Dang start locks. You'll be happy to know the start locks work just fine in P3Dv2.1. If you don't disengage them, you aren't going anywhere. :banghead1_s: And wouldn't you know - when you disengage start locks the torque gauges come alive. Just crazy.

I did experience one issue - when I disengaged the start locks, the airplane wants to lunge forward despite the parking brake being on, and thrust lever being at idle.

So, it looks like everything works just fine for the most part.

This really is a great aircraft. If there is anyone out there reading this that hasn't purchased this airplane, go get it now! :excellenttext_s:

Todd

Getting a few ContentErrorLog.txt errors with P3DV2.1 and the dll hot fix applied:

[error.0]
error=Gauge: Non-gauge

Error: Invalid unit specified: "bool ".

[error.1]
error=Gauge: Bronco_Sys1
Error: Need units for (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL VALVE:1)

[error.2]
error=Gauge: Bronco_Sys1
Error: Need units for (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL VALVE:2)

[error.3]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: K:\P3DV2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10B\Sound\sound.CFG
Section: OVERSPEED_WARNING_SOUND

[error.4]
error=file "SOUND\Bronco.wav" not found
[error.5]
[error.6]
[error.7]
[error.8]
error=file "SOUND\Bronco41_JET42.wav" not found
[error.9]
error=file "SOUND\J41.wav" not found
[error.10]
[error.11]
error=Texture OV10B_CALFIRE_PILOTCIVIL_L.DDS failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

gb.

Question: Does the Bronco work for You in P3D V2.1 or not ?

Running the gauge debug via the FSX.cfg in FSX often reports a list of gauge errors in many if not most addon aircraft, but with no consequence for the functionality of systems, which means the addon works flawless, bugfree and as intended.

I think the issues You have listed above are very much of the same kind, though I have no detailed knowledge of how the current P3D V2.1+hotfix 1 tangles with these errors.

F.ex missing units (at least this is true for FSX) for a var does not mean that var cannot be read or otherwise used, infact the unit name is mostly a descriptor for the developer rathr than something the xml parser uses for calculations.

You can still set a var as boolan, but set it to any number like 45 without consequence.

I can only encourage people to fly theire addons rather than dismantling them with various tools and then report bugs that factual can be found while flying the aircraft in the sim.

So if You have some in-game hands on bugs using the Bronco with P3D V2.1+hotfix1 then I´m ready to look into them, though I still regard current P3D V2.x version as a kind of beta version considering the P3D specific issues that has existed, or has been introduced since it´s release.

Finn

Archived