Night Environment change of plan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

British Isle is all England with covering London? ??

From the website product description: Full coverage of the British Isles.

So, yes, it means it covers the whole island of Great Britain (where London is) and Ireland too.

The island of Great Britain is not only England, but also Scotland and Wales.

I hope it is more clear now. ;)

Hi Ole

since it is a huge production; I’m not sure when to squeeze it in yet

the size of it is three times Germany (one of the biggest we've done so far)

if i had to guess this is a good 12-14GB of data we need to build for that region

i don’t think the team is ready or such a huge production yet

there are some element we will need to figure out how to overcome

these will also provide us the practice we will need to produce Canada and such large regions

i don’t want anyone to think we gave up on Scandinavia or any other large region for that matter

we already created the 3D lights DB (1GB) portion for Scandinavia a while ago ;)

Thanks Chris. If not for the timeframe :unsure: then for the swift and honest answer. I can understand the situation...Too many darned roads in Scandinavia... LOL

Still - I shall wait patiently for the release. Looking forward to seeing the lights coming from the streetlamp outside my house...

And thanks a lot to the team for the efforts so far. Looks smashing. :excellenttext_s:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sometimes projects do not work out as expected. Getting the price point and feature set right is hard. And clearly with Night Environment we did not got it all right and it’s better to change things as fast as possible. So here is the new plan.

We will start with four sections:

• NE-Benelux (Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg) at €10.50 (will be available early next week)
  • NE-German at €12.10
  • NE-Scandinavia (Sweden/Norway/Finland) at €10.50
  • NE-California at €12.10

All prices are without EU VAT (so it will be €12.95 and €14.95 for EU customers. Existing customers of NE-Belgium or NE-Netherlands will get a copy of NE-Benelux as a replacement.

Technically there will be some tweaks as well in responce to customers suggestion. Keep those coming btw. However, keep in mind there is no such thing as a database of streetlights. What is used is a database of roads. Now clearly there are streets that have (at the highest level of Night Environment settings) lights in FSX while they do not have lights in the real world. We feel this still works fine as lights at night are always near roads. Houses, cars, petrol stations, advertisements etc they all line up along roads. Of course when you feel it is still too much you can always go down a level!

The Berlin demo is still available (it's updated to version 1.10 to fix a few issues btw) at:

http://mirror-de.aerosoft.com/demo/AS_NIGHT-ENVIROMENT-BERLIN-DEMO_FSX.zip or

http://mirror-eu.aerosoft.com/demo/AS_NIGHT-ENVIROMENT-BERLIN-DEMO_FSX.zip

Hope this clears up some of the issues!

Absolutely ridiculous! ORBX are given such features for free! What's going through your mind?!

• Aerosoft

Excellent work!

And that goes for AES too, for that matter.

It's just this greediness from Aerosoft which is so hard to bear.

So you like the work, clearly think it is worth the effort but you do not want to pay for it and blame the developer for picking us as the publisher?

Now THAT is confusing. Just as your introduction of AES into this discussion is.

So you like the work, clearly think it is worth the effort but you do not want to pay for it and blame the developer for picking us as the publisher?

Now THAT is confusing. Just as your introduction of AES into this discussion is.

Of course the developer has to be paid and you should earn your money in some way or the other.

However the structure of your business concept as it is splitting products into atoms results in unfair expenses towards your faithful customers.

Hi Stankelben,

I’m sorry to learn you feel this way in regards to NE

We appreciate every one of our customers and we listen very closely;

Many of you have been communicating directly with me (which I’m perfectly fine with)

For support or just general questions; some of you have received a private emails from me with advance user support

allow me to shade some light

the process involved in making an NE region isn’t simple

it may seem like we generate our lights; but we don’t!

we don’t use texture draw calls for the nightmap

it is a full coverage Photoreal night layer drawn by hand

we have to process every inch of the Land through resample; regardless of roads number

this has to be manually done; as there is no way of automating this

our competitors use a different method of recalling textures over and over

we don’t; our map is manually and accurately built based on many factors driven from real life

you can take NE's night "footprint" and compare these with NASA Black Marble night imagery

there's allot of work being done before we even start rendering out a night region

for example; take France region; it is still being worked on; anyone following how long so far

she is absolutely magnificent

one of our best renditions; should be coming out soon

Happy to see that the NE Dubai version no. in the Aerosoft store has been updated to 1.1. Thanks all!

(Now hoping that FSPilotshop will update their download file soon.)

Archived