Random engine fires with P3DV2.1

Rob Ainscough

I seem to be getting many failures (engine fires) with P3DV2.1 ... it's not related to aircraft operation, all looks good on the gauge front and the failures seem to happen about 30-40 minutes into flight. (note I have installed the hot fix for P3DV2.1 for the 100 series).

Other than my own mistake during engine start process, in P3DV2.0 I never experienced any engine fires mid flight.

I realize LM have change the XML parser so I was wondering if this has impacted other aspects of the Twin Otter ... like failure frequency or something?

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah..

XML files are read differently with P3D V2.1 now.

I think I got a similar issue once, flying the Twin Otter under P3D V2.1.

I will monitor various forums closely to see if others have the same issue, but for now it´s hard to fix something I don´t have the slightest clue about what causes it.

For me ,at least my own projects (Twin Otter extended, Bronco, Catalina, Dimona and Robin), worked flawless with P3D V2.0, apart from jumping on water for flaot and amphibians.

I have also seen other FSX addons that worked under P3D V2.0 that now got propblems with V2.1.

For me P3D V2.1 should be regarded as beta and as long as LM changes stuff like the XML Parser and FSX SP2 simconnect compability it´s very hard for us to keep up "fixing" something that was not broken in FSX and P3D V2.0.

Finn

Thanks for the response Finn, if you find out anything please let me know ... if it's a simple as making small syntax changes to the XML files I'm certainly willing to test.

Understand the challenges of keeping up with P3DV2.x ... I think 7+ years of unchanging FSX was certainly a benefit for 3rd party devs -- now that things are finally changing again it's a new learning curve.

If you have any hints I'm happy to try.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived