BeaverX installer

crazyhw

I had to reinstall FSX on my new SSD. I re-downloaded my BeaverX from my account. The installer runs and instintly states installed. But,no BeaverX files are in FSX . I have tried several install with no luck. I had the beaver in my old hard drive and moved it to the new SSD but the BeaverX instrument panel is faulty. How can I get it to install properly.

I tried running as admin, all anti-virus off, windows internet explorer, nothing worked. File downloads but the installer doesnt install anything. I downloaded and installed the Twin Otter Extended without any problems. I am clueless.

Probably you might have a look into Windows registry and search/delete for faulty Beaver X entries. Remember to set a system recovery point before modifing. Otherwise, if you want to revover from old HD, also content of gauge and effects folder maybe required.

I am experiencing the same exact thing. All I did was a fresh reinstall on my sim. Everything still the same as before. It will install a few things here and there, but not a complete install. Tried a fresh download, with same results...

• 2 weeks later...

Same Problem. I have many Aerosoft products installed on a new computer. Catalina, Bronco, Twin Otter extended. My Beaver installer opens correctly with password. I directed it to the correct location of FSX. Says it installed, but nothing installed. In addition I now have a scenery error because the Pier 38? scenery is not found. URL is off, virus scanner is off, ran under administrator. Purchased last December 2013 and have never got it to work. thanks

Could you try to reinstall your Beaver into an empty folder of your desctop please?`You only have to copy your FSX.exe into that folder for the installation to work.

Then let me know what you see after the installation of the Beaver in this folder please.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this sure reached a dead end. I had the Beaver before on another computer, so I know it worked before. Now I have a new system. I went and payed for it again! But now it will not install. Not hapt to try any more Aerosoft products!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pruchasing again makes absolutly no difference since the file you get remains exactly the same!

You could also simply have redownloaded the file from your existing account.

Nevertheless, I am still sure it must be something wrong on your computer. We got thousands of customers for whom it works without any problems so there can't be something wrong with the installer itself.

I think the only method to solve this problem is a reinstallation of your Windows. Something must be wrong somewhere which we can't identify and I am sure with a Windows reinstallation the problem should be solved.

• 1 month later...

I got it installed. Just tried it out. The solution is in the instalashield. Go to C:program files/install shield information. Copy all the files to another folder. Then try the install. This solution was found here on this forum under something about reinstalling aspen x files in the scenery section. By Shaun forum administrator. It worked for my beaver as well. The key was it is a reinstall. Nothing wrong with my computer.

Archived