climb power setting

Reald

Hello,

I went through the 8 pages of the forum and i've found nothing. Could somebody tell me what are the setting during climb?. (torque vs RPM). Many thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can use max continuous (page 4-1-1 of the Data manual) or max cruise (settings start on page 4-1-6 of the Data manual).

It also depends on what version -100 or -300.

Power settings are also dependent on outside temperature and altitude.

If You open the Checklist gauge You will find a page that contains all performance values and charts.

You can also watch whether the engines are run within safe limits on the checklist gauge config page, where there are two torque gauges.

As long as the needles are white (needle below the blue max allowable continuous torque mark) and the T5 light in the middle are unlit, then the engines are safe)

Finn

I just watch max torque and T5 which I assume are temp dependant. But here's a question I've wondered about.

Are propeller rpms reduced during climb or are they maxed out until cruise alt?

I just watch max torque and T5 which I assume are temp dependant. But here's a question I've wondered about.

Are propeller rpms reduced during climb or are they maxed out until cruise alt?

It´s up to the pilot and enviromental requirements.

Technically there is no need to reduce Prop RPM, but for noise abatement procedures You might need to reduce prop rpm. That is also the main reason for the use of the fourblade prop on the D-IVER.

Ther are no stringent climb power settings, just some maximim allowable torque and T5 temperature figures that must be considered.

Here is a link to some charts:

http://www.caamsllc.com/Performance%20Data/DHC-6-300.pdf

On PDF page 17 You will find a climb power chart where You can dertermine maximums torque settings as a function of outside air temperature, indicated airspeed, engine anti-ice equipment use and propeller RPM setting for the DHC6-300.

All this is automatically calculated and indicated on the torquegauges in the checklist gauge an marked with a blue mark. When ever the actual torque get´s higher than the blue mark, the torque needles will trun from white to red, indictating that max allowable torque has been exceeded and the engine will fail after some time dependent on the amount of overtorque.

Also T5 is indicated by some colors, green is safe, Yellow is caution and red means overtemperture where the engine will fail after some time dependent on the amount of overtemp.

Finn

Archived