The other pond: PACOTS Guide (PFPX/PMDG777)

Hello everyone,

I just put online my Pacific OPS explaining PACOTS etc. It can be downloaded at http://bit.ly/etopsoca3. It is not much, but it is aimed to make the area more familiar for those who haven't flown there much.

covere3_zps992b898b.png

I hope it is a nice read. Have a great week everybody!

Best,

Belisar

Thank you for putting this together! A very interesting read, like all of your previous work... There is one thing that I haven't been able to figure out though, and it has been annoying me because it is probably something simple, but anyway, what does the last 01 stand for in the track message:

A0573/14 - (TDM TRK C 140213190001

1402131900 1402140800

Thank you for the nice reception gents :)

AK657, the first group in the general information part is the date and time the track message was generated along with the message number for the track as in YYMMDDHHMMNN. NN is a sequential message number. Initial messages are denoted with 01. The number increases if amendments or revisions are made to the message. Should there be an amendment to the message, the string would look like

TDM TRK C 140213190002 AMDT

1402131900 1402140800

Hope that clears it. I should have probably included that explanation there but it skipped my mind somehow,

Belisar

Thank you for the nice reception gents :)

AK657, the first group in the general information part is the date and time the track message was generated along with the message number for the track as in YYMMDDHHMMNN. NN is a sequential message number. Initial messages are denoted with 01. The number increases if amendments or revisions are made to the message. Should there be an amendment to the message, the string would look like

TDM TRK C 140213190002 AMDT

1402131900 1402140800

Hope that clears it. I should have probably included that explanation there but it skipped my mind somehow,

Belisar

OK, thanks, that makes perfect sense now. One more thing, how did you make the zero's on the OFP have a strike through them?

The zero thing... Well that might be a design accident :) Instead of pasting an image of the OFP I decided to copy&paste the text into the InDesign document (keep the size smaller), and figure out the best font to come close to the actual OFP. Apparently that specific font had a dashed zero in it.

Archived