Overspeed warning driving me mad!

Iainsmith

While flying the Airbus X at cruise level, following the planned route in speed managed mode and throttle levers at Clb position I keep getting the overspeed warning going on and off.

The indicated airspeed seems to settle just above the magenta marker and keeps straying into the red dots with the consequent repeated warning. This is putting me off flying this aircraft.

I'm probably doing something wrong but what could it be? Any suggestions please?

Iain

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm probably doing something wrong but what could it be? Any suggestions please?

Iain

You went into Alpha Floor during take off. Take a look into the step by step guide. It explains how to prevent it and how to get out of it once you are in.

Tom.

Tom, sorry for downvoting your reply, i meant to upvote it, but the buttons on my ipad are too small.

Iain, i think Tom is correct. You should be able to tell by the top left word on the PFD. If it says Toga lock then the bus won't maintain it's speed until you reset the autothrust. Do that by disconnecting and reconnecting a/thr with the button on the FCU.

Archived