Grey Fading

coldy77

Hi,

first, thx for this great cloud addon, which is better as SkyMaxxPro IMHO.

The only drawback of your addon is the still existing "Grey of Death" Fadeout. is there any chance, that you will remove this too?

Greetings

Michael

Hello Michael,

our Sky Tool replaces only some textures and shaders for the Sky appearance (Cloud and Sky Color texures... and some other). We don't change the weather "engine" of X-Plane 10....

So the "Grey of death" is an X-Plane 10 issue and i think it will be solved during some of the future updates of X-Plane 10. Laminar knows about it.

See here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/75892-wishlist-new-x-plane-10-functions/ Post 21 :)

Greets

Hi,

thx for the fast reply.

I hoped, that it was not so difficult because SkyMaxx also remove this. But its true, this should be fixed from X-Planes' side.

Greetings

Michael

Hello Michael,

yes SkyMaxx uses an own engine to display the weather (Sundog)....

Our Sky Tools uses the x-plane engine.

But i think, Laminar will solve the Problem... :)

Greets

• 2 months later...

Hi,

first, thx for this great cloud addon, which is better as SkyMaxxPro IMHO.

The only drawback of your addon is the still existing "Grey of Death" Fadeout. is there any chance, that you will remove this too?

Greetings

Michael

Michael, we did solve that with FlyWithLua and some creative scripting. It might not be perfect and it might not be the most elegant solution, but it works most of the time... do a google search for "Real Terra Haze".

Archived