Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rafal Haczek

Winds live map

Wow, that is very cool!

As nice as it looks though im getting tiered of the winds and rain we are getting at the moment...fun in the sim but not so when we step out the front door <_<

im getting tiered of the winds and rain we are getting at the moment

I see what you're saying, mate. On the other hand where I live we usually have freezing winter at this time.

For a change, it's dry, sunny and over 10 C plus outside. I don't mind! :)

As you can see from the live map, southern Poland is just stroked with light southern (read: warm) winds.

I love this site, from time to time I just open it up, and you can't help but sit there and just enjoy.

Thanks Rafal!

This is one of the prettiest things i've seen on the internet in a long time (beside that xxx site of course ;) ).

It's very mesmerising to just sit and watch - I also use it to see where there is interesting weather around the country and go fly there!

Mopperle, you can change the altitude of the winds shown on that parcticular map, levels available are SURFACE, 1000, 850, 700, 500, 250, 70 and 10 hPa. Just click in "earth" in the lower left and select as desired. Here's level 250 hPa (around FL340), centered on North Atlantic Ocean, enjoy the jetstreams!

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/250hPa/orthographic=-37.10,51.01,455