Terrain data

Hi,

Just bought the game a few days ago, really loving it.

Is there any place we can get better terrain data files? The one for EHAM is a bit off it looks like too much water.

Also, sometimes when loading its not searching for the correct area and a message appears in the top right corner, no data file is opened however whe this message occurs. Just downloaded the update 1.1.06 so having a play with that one.

Thanks and best regards,

Marco

Could you post a screenshot of EHAM? I think I know what might be the issue...

About the message: GATC cycles through all of the terrain files to load the data for your region. If you interrupt that process, by changing airport for instance, in very rare cases it may lead to failure of the loading thread meaning that terrain data will not be loaded for next airport. As I could never ever reproduce that on my test systems it is still there happening from time to time. The solution is very simple: restart GATC ;)

About data quality. This is GTOPO30. You can use any other source as long as it has identical file names layout (along with coverage) and in-file data format. But don't worry, this data is very accurate. Issues at EHAM are most probably caused by GATC interpreting negative altitude as water.

• Aerosoft

Could you post a screenshot of EHAM? I think I know what might be the issue...

About the message: GATC cycles through all of the terrain files to load the data for your region. If you interrupt that process, by changing airport for instance, in very rare cases it may lead to failure of the loading thread meaning that terrain data will not be loaded for next airport. As I could never ever reproduce that on my test systems it is still there happening from time to time. The solution is very simple: restart GATC ;)

About data quality. This is GTOPO30. You can use any other source as long as it has identical file names layout (along with coverage) and in-file data format. But don't worry, this data is very accurate. Issues at EHAM are most probably caused by GATC interpreting negative altitude as water.

post-43-0-43251500-1391708000_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

The above screenshot was what I was aiming at. As you can see too much water but like above comment, will be due to below sea level altitudes. Hope that can be resolved at some point.

I think a was too fast with closing the terrain again after starting the rush hour. I see now it is going through a cycle loading all data and then displaying the area. Note to self, be more patient.

Thanks for all replies!

Archived