No pause at TOD

walteraes

A320 does not pause at TOD.

Flight Options "Pause at TOD" when "on" does not pause the ac. It just keeps going.

This has worked in the pass but no longer does it seem to function.

Is there something, setting, etc. that could cause it not to function?

You guys are good at having solved all my problems so far but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Walt

Hi Walt,

it stops app. some NM before TOD (so you are able to prepare the plane for descent)....... I have never heard that there are problems with this functionality...... Please give us more details.....

Regards,

Hanse

I simply carry out the normal procedures and everything seem to be going ok, Then I want to leave for a few hours and I make sure the MCDU2 flight options is set to "pause at TOD" is set to "on" and then leave. (expecting to return to find the flight paused) but it fly right over and does not pause. Could any of these factors be an issue?

1. Does it matter when you set the MCDU2 ?. I suspect it doesn't matter as long as its before you reach that point in flight.

2. I load all my flight MCDU1 flight plans from previously done AivlaSoft Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) into the MCDU1. (They have a special export module that does this seamlessly) I think ?. Although I've noticed that not all the way points are transported over, yet the ac seems to follow the flight plan ok.

3. Is there a special procedure that activates the function or pre condition that needs to be followed first ? Because I've noticed that there are some procedures that must be followed in order. e.g. On the performance page the V1 Vr V2 will only be calculated if you've change the fuel since the last flight.

I've spent 3yrs trying to fly the Wilco A380 but this product is the best I've ever see or had in my 50years with simulators. (I was a B52 flight simulator spec in the USAF)

Thanks,

Walt

Hi Walt,

there is no pre-condition / procedure necessary. The "PAUSE AT TOD" happens exactly 10 NM before the T/D. The only thing what is needed is a T/D pseudo waypoint in your F-PLN. Please check if there is one. If there is no one then maybe there is a "F-PLN-DISCONTIUITY" in your F-PLN. But if there is one and you still have no "PAUSE AT TOD" then something is wrong with your installation......

Regards,

Hanse

Archived