A very positive update regarding my OOM issues @ Thessaloniki

WebMaximus

Hi Webmaximus,

I have notice more and more that the development in FSX is pushing me more and more to using DX10. Once the problem was framerates and having to lower quality, now that I have a beast of a machine and good framerates, ooms have started to appear, unfortunately the addons that cause the problems seems to be from the developers that believe that DX10 is just a preview and cannot be fixed.

I have been looking at this scenery and reading the forums and it seems that DX10 is the way to go, however I have read that in DX10 the taxiways are completely black with hardly any lighting and the approach lighting does not work. Could you confirm this and if so, did you find a way of solving it?

• Aerosoft

P3Dv2 could become pretty expensive, considering that a number of addon developers raise their (FSX) prices for P3Dv2 titles (Aerosoft doesn't seem to become one of those, though).

We would never do so. And if version 2.1 indeed solves the light problems we have with scenery it will be a worthy follow up from FSX.

Hi Webmaximus,

I have notice more and more that the development in FSX is pushing me more and more to using DX10. Once the problem was framerates and having to lower quality, now that I have a beast of a machine and good framerates, ooms have started to appear, unfortunately the addons that cause the problems seems to be from the developers that believe that DX10 is just a preview and cannot be fixed.

I have been looking at this scenery and reading the forums and it seems that DX10 is the way to go, however I have read that in DX10 the taxiways are completely black with hardly any lighting and the approach lighting does not work. Could you confirm this and if so, did you find a way of solving it?

So far I haven't seen any black taxiways but guess that might be a scenery-dependent thing with some incompatible scenery titles. However from what I've read so far the success rate using DX10 is very high with the latest version of the DX10 Scenery Fixer Tool.

Can't really answer your question yet, need to do more testing myself first but I strongly suggest you ask your question over in the DX10 forums at AVSIM and I'm sure someone with more DX10 experience will be able to give you an answer to any DX10 questions you might have. Check the links I provided in post #16 in this thread and especially the first one which will take you to the DX10 Help and Hints forum. That's the forums where I asked my questions before buying the DX10 Scenery Fixer Tool and I got great help and answers to my questions within minutes!

We would never do so. And if version 2.1 indeed solves the light problems we have with scenery it will be a worthy follow up from FSX.

That's good to hear, wish all developers looked at it that way...

• Aerosoft

That's good to hear, wish all developers looked at it that way...

To be honest I did not even know some did. And I see no logic behind it if the files are the same.

Now for professional use our products are in a totally different price range, but they come with a very different contract and service options.

Yeah, I heard that too and although a part of me can understand Aerosoft's view on supporting a mode of FSX which never was finished officially I think it's a shame considering how today's DX10 with the tool mentioned would let many of Aerosoft's customers use and enjoy Aerosoft products they can't enjoy the same way in DX9 me being a good example.

Also with this tool fixing most of the former issues in my eyes the investment by Aerosoft fixing the few issues that still may exist with some products would be minor compared to the benefits of having lots of more customers who could enjoy their products.

Hi Richard

please can you confirm that with the SteveFX DX10 Scenery Fixer Tool the problem related to a wrong visualization of VASI and PAPI lights in many airports are solved ?

I red on other forums that these problems are not solved also with the 1.4 version....

Sorry but haven't checked any other airports except for LGTS yet and no problem with the lights there as far as I could see.

I suggest you head over to the official DX10 Scenery Fixer Tool forum over at AVSIM and ask your question there for a better answer.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be for some it might not be for others. I just wanna install the software and start using it without having to download a patch in order to make things complete and than run a tool to get it working correct in DX10 :)

My personal solution is ... DX9 with 4096 max load and an overclocked processor :)

I will however have another look at it with my throttle in idle to see if I see any benefits out of DX10

I have installed several advanced sceneries but when I go for DX9 with 4096 I also go for an OOM! BTW I have a good oc machine (5 GHz CPU, 780GTX). What sense does it make to develop top notch scenery I f we can't use it without fearing an OOM in DX9 all the time. Ok I can use low settings, but for what do I have top notch scenery than? Currently the only way to enjoy such scenery is with FSX dx 10 (using Steves tool). Even P3Dv2.1 suffers from OOMs.

Please devs think about it!

Regards,

Harry

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have installed several advanced sceneries but when I go for DX9 with 4096 I also go for an OOM! BTW I have a good oc machine (5 GHz CPU, 780GTX). What sense does it make to develop top notch scenery I f we can't use it without fearing an OOM in DX9 all the time. Ok I can use low settings, but for what do I have top notch scenery than? Currently the only way to enjoy such scenery is with FSX dx 10 (using Steves tool). Even P3Dv2.1 suffers from OOMs.

Please devs think about it!

Regards,

Harry

When you compare the amount of people that don't get an OOM to the ones that do get it the ones that get it ar far less. FSX is a simulator which just doesn't let you crank everything up to the max.

From where do you know the numbers of people?

I don't speak from max settings. I am using moderate high settings and never use TML 4096. There are enough scenery titles which work seamless with dx10 like AS PANC or FT Dubai (after some patches).

regards.

Harry

I just read in another forum that Steve is willing to give a copy of his fixer to Aerosoft because there are many users who want Aerosoft sceneries to work with dx10.

I bougt the fixer when it was released and went back to dx9. I read this thread, followed the links, and gave dx10 another try. I can confidently conclude that I will never, EVER, go back to dx9. It's smoother, more stable, and looks better than dx9. Maybe is the updated fixer or the new drivers, but dx10 works fine with my OLD gtx 480.

I hope that FSDG considers updating their sceneries so that they work with dx10. I'm looking forward to Copenhagen and I want it to be compatible with dx10 before I make the purchase.

Best regards,

Jose

I'm for one is more than happy about DX10 and the way you can enjoy all benefits coming with it thanks to Steve's fixer and especially now when P3D doesn't seem to become the smash hit I think many was hoping for...at least not for quite some time.

Until the day when P3D is a realistic alternative to FSX I'll continue to use FSX in DX10 mode exclusively and I will also keep DX10 compatibility in mind when buying new scenery products from now on.

Until the day when P3D is a realistic alternative to FSX I'll continue to use FSX in DX10 mode exclusively and I will also keep DX10 compatibility in mind when buying new scenery products from now on.

So do I from now on.

Harry

Archived