One thing I don't like is ref to "" cleared to line up"" this should just be a ""line up "" command , TWR controllers won't clear a flight to line up just "" ABC 123 Behind the landing 737 line up and wait runway 18L Behind "" .. Cleared is used for Landing and Take off plus when obtaining initial Clearance to their destination

As an old multi engine IFR pilot I confirm this remark. You may remember that there were a couple very serious accidents resulting from misunderstanding the "clear" to line up as clear for take-off. Similarly "affirmative" changed to "affirm" due to confusion with "negative". This is a great simulation and is fun to see how the "other half" live!!! Thanks

• Aerosoft

As an old multi engine IFR pilot I confirm this remark. You may remember that there were a couple very serious accidents resulting from misunderstanding the "clear" to line up as clear for take-off. Similarly "affirmative" changed to "affirm" due to confusion with "negative". This is a great simulation and is fun to see how the "other half" live!!! Thanks

We'll discuss that. Thanks for the input.

Archived