February screenshot contest

tzdR.jpg

Approaching the landing spot on a rescue mission is always very difficult as you never know what exactly had happend and if there are any obstacles. In this case, there was very low visibility and high winds which made the approach diffucult.

For this month's competition, I have chosen the RWY 16 approach into Mykonos Airport.

lgmk16-2chs50.png

This image is showing a situation where the plane is about to straighten out on a track of 110° at an altitude of approximately 1100 feet almost finishing a right turn into base leg (the habour is an important landmark here) coming from the right downwind leg. A picture slideshow (or obviously a video, duh!) would be more fitting in order to elaborate on single steps for this approach but this is an one shot only competition, right?
For more information regarding this amazing approach in general feel free to read through this website though: http://pilotsbriefingroom.com/2011/09/03/mikonos-greece-jmklgmk-2/
There you can even watch a RL cockpitview video of a 737 conducting the RWY 16 approach coming from the south. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

It has not been easy this time, but I have choosen the winner:

12305197675_13fcc6baa9_o.jpg

Banking into Kai Tak with the Concorde V2.0! :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/12305197675_13fcc6baa9_o.jpg

Don't kill me for the second one, but I really like the idea behind it ;)

Approaching the theme of this month a bit different than usual has made you the second winner Morten! I like your creativity!

Not exactly a screenshot, although I had a screen :) My first attempt on a manual / no ATS landing at Cologne in Lufthansas MD-11 simulator in Frankfurt. Now that's what I call a difficult approach ;) Note the sweaty forehead :)

20130605-frankfurt_0001_zps62203037.jpg

Cheers,

Wait Emi did you choose me because we almost have the same name? :P

(jk) :D

That would have indeed been a bit easy, don't you think so?

No, actually my criteria was been that yours was the most difficould approach that also looked very good in the picture itself.

Most pictures either looked very good, but were not very difficould (I see an VOR/DME or even ILS approach to a runway that is only a few meters away from the beach as stunning, but not as difficould ;)) or the other way round ;)

That would have indeed been a bit easy, don't you think so?

No, actually my criteria was been that yours was the most difficould approach that also looked very good in the picture itself.

Most pictures either looked very good, but were not very difficould (I see an VOR/DME or even ILS approach to a runway that is only a few meters away from the beach as stunning, but not as difficould ;)) or the other way round ;)

Soooo... in March Screenshot Competition you will be looking at the screenshot with highest altitude and most seas??? :P

Archived