(LTU) A320/A321 - Missing Paints and a couple of Q's...

FactionOne

Hi guys,

Just a quick one for you all...

I recently installed the LTU A320/A321 pack and I'm really impressed. There are no claims that the product is a '110% simulation' - just that it's great fun to fly; and it certainly lives up to that. I think the balance between realism and 'click and go' has been reached very well. I'm particularly impressed with the basic but cute FMC, and the FADEC system; the panel in general is pretty cool - I think you can definately tell you're in an Airbus, but without getting horribly lost in checklists.

[EDIT: observation about panel background removed - just needed some getting used-to :D]

All in all, great work, and a big thanks to Aerosoft.

I've just set-up to do an EGLL - LEMD flight; and I remembered seeing a screenshot of an Iberia A321 in the product pages, so I thought that would be a fitting choice... It's not shown in the list of FS aircraft? I seem to have a few missing...

I'm showing 5 paints in total for the A321; and while I have a good number for the A320; a portion of those are variants of LTU liveries; and I notice I'm missing at least the Monarch, MyTravel and Air France paints. I will do a full list and post if required.

I checked the directories in my FS9Aircraft directory; and I can see that the textures are all there; but when I open the aircraft.cfg files they aren't... I'd have a go at fixing this myself, but as I say, I don't want to make anything worse as it seems quite confused already (each aircraft.cfg for the 321 (IAE / CFM) has three fltsim.x sections; so I should be seeing at least six of the full number of paints, but I only see five?

Any help with this would be gratefully received!

The other question I have... Is it possible to 'raise' the eye-level in the VC at all? I had a quick look around the A320 last night, and I noticed that I seemed quite 'short' in the VC - it was difficult to see much over the panel/glare-shield?

Once again, thanks to aerosoft for a well-rounded package; and best regards,

Rob.

Hi Shaun,

From memory, the file I downloaded/installed was:

AO_LTU_A320_310.zip

...Also, one other observation... I seem to have a little bug occurring with the lovely soundset too... When in spot-plane, there is a burst of white noise every few seconds from my left speaker. This only occurs when the engines are working at something like Idle - 60%-70% N1. Any ideas on this one too would be gratefully received.

...I'm going to try to do a complete reinstall when I get home tonight which I guess might resolve some of these issues (perhaps it's just a little confused)... Is there anything I should know about making sure I get everything completely removed before reinstalling etc?

Also, just a note, even with these little questions, I still enjoyed my A320 flight well enough to go buy the A330 too (I just wish I'd done it all together and got some scenery into the bargain!).

Thanks again for your help, and regards,

Rob.

Just a quick update on this one; I got pretty much all my issues resolved / questions answered this evening - it's a bit late as I write this, so I'll post more details soon...

Shaun - if you would be so good as to drop me an email (address in my profile, I guess mods can view?) so I have a return-address, I'll send a package of the details over in case my questions pop-up again...

Regards,

Rob.