We got a way to go..... (2)

Yes, I have been thinking about mesh a lot. For instance, despite the great work done on the recent HD mesh for Xplane, I find that the mesh in the sim for some reason can still appear well below what I have seen on FSX, yet both are dwarfed yet again bu what is apparently easily achievable in Outerra.

In fact I would love to take a look at this area in Outerra.... If I knew where it was! :embaressed_s:

We do have quite a way to go.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it there are two issues here. One is that the amount of data required to render the images in greater fidelity (mesh and realistc photo type detail and colour rendering) would mean HUGE files, thus significant cost to purchase large areas and secondly processing power. FSX is CPU bound and thus not able to effeciently render in the sim so that processing must be shared with the GPU. I take that to means FSX will not ever be capable and a whole new program written that allows for better use og CPU/GPU/memory.

Archived