AES Development Preview

OPabst

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Guess you're as frustrated as me about lack of interest from Oliver.

That would be a polite way of putting it.:lol:

I'm flying choppers at the moment. Keeps the fruss to a minimum. :D

Gents, AES is dead as disco! Some developers are planning moving gates in their new sceneries and with GSX you have a lot more moving then AES and 1 payment for all sceneries.

It takes forever to get all new sceneries with it but so does Oilver :) 

Reg,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is there any news about Version 2.41? It's almost 4 weeks ago, when I first saw some Airports will be served with 2.41 in the airport request forum.

I then thought, it would take only a few days more until we can get 2.41.

I'm realy waiting for OMAA.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Isn't it about time some formal announcement was made about the future of AES?

Months since the last release, over 2 years since the announcement of new features for FSX:MS which have yet to materialise and still no news about compatibility with FSX:Steam or P3D.

If it appears dead then perhaps it is. We just need to hear it from Oliver.

GSX planned to work with SODE 1.3 when they release KMEM - like many other people I agree AES is dead which is a pity but the delay in 2.41 is ominous and in any case from now on I only use uninstalled credits.

John

The most disappointing part is, that even our questions are not being answerd. This is a very bad customer treatment and a no-go!
Unfortunately it's the only product which handles animated jetways. For me, AES was always a must have but with this treatment I realy realy hope, that more and more sceneries are comming with animated jetways (SODE or CTRL J) and I then only will use GSX.

Anyway I use GSX at every airport which has no jetways. It's not only sad that announcements that have been done a long time ago are not be completed, but that we always have to wait a long time for a new release and that questions about a progress are not beeing answered.

Patrick

Given the commercial success of AES being affected by the inability of the developer to modify his Vistamare module, hence AES not working with FSX:SE and P3D, I wonder whether Oliver might be developing a new replacement for AES from the ground up? Supporting X-Plane as well?  This is the only possible reason behind the obfuscation displayed by Aerosoft and Oliver towards their 'loyal' customer base.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Appliance said:

... the inability of the developer to modify his Vistamare module...

If Vistamare would be in the hand of Oliver there wouldn't be a problem any more already for a long time. But it isn't, and all attempts to get it fixed by the original developer failed. This has all been mentioned multiple times in this forum. Oliver has further more stated what he is going to do, also in this forum. It is just "a search mask" away.

Thank you for your reply Tom.  I am a long time user of AES (since its release) for FS9.  I have purchased my last credit pack since payware airports for that platform have tapered off.  I am a regular visitor to the AES forum so am well aware of the content (and history) therein. My message was intended to convey a respectful degree of sarcasm.

On 7.2.2016 at 16:34, wingview sagte:

Gents, AES is dead as disco! Some developers are planning moving gates in their new sceneries and with GSX you have a lot more moving then AES and 1 payment for all sceneries.

It takes forever to get all new sceneries with it but so does Oilver :) 

Reg,

John

AES does a lot more realisitc pushbacks and the european vehicles are a lot more realistic in shape then the ones from GSX. And: AES Jetways move a lot more realistic then IK-Jetways or SODE Jetways. (IK Jetways move way to fast, and SODE Jetways are availble only for very few airports.) I use a combination out of GSX and AES, and I am very pleased with it. I agree that AES development has to become more fast if AES wants to survive. More Vehicles, better Textures, etc. GSX has to develop, too: GSX is missing  a realistic european fuel truck, a realisitc dispenser, cleaning vehicles, passenger busses (only one bus availble) and european deicers. And the main problem: GSX doesn't feature realistic repaints. They just put a logo of a company on the vehicle, but details as vehicle numbers, logos in the real position etc. are missing. The repaints are just logos on the vehicles, and not repaints of an actual real world vehicle.

On 17.2.2016 at 14:40, tonaz sagte:

The business model is unfair (AES Credits system).

Why is it unfair? It means a lot of work for O. Pabst to make an airport available for AES. Every Pushback goes the way it goes in the real world etc. So it is fair to pay for this work. GSX is different, because GSX isn't set up for every airport. The result are some very funny and unrealisitc pushback routes with GSX etc.

Hi,

QSeries, +1 for your comment. And to add something more, AES is running on FS9. That's a big bonus. GSX doesn't run on FS9. So, for me, and lot of others that still love FS9, this is the best tool ever. And now with v2.41, Oliver made an extra feature, the beltloaders in the airplane cargo hole. FS9 is still alive and kicking, AES certainly is also.  

• 4 weeks later...

Q Series, You are true ...
Me too, I appreciate use both AES and GSX ...  the 2 systemes have advantages and disadvantages  !
I like in GSX for the push back more realiste, the aircraft's wheel move turn when pushback are operated ... I like also in GSX the bagage animation and available for all airport +  P3D compatible ...
Now, for GSX the bus are not realiste and crazy italian color ... the follow me vehicule are also full fanciful in their move ...
AES are better for jetway, Follow me vehicules, passenger bus and this programme not use the capricious "Couatl" engine

For the futur, Me too, I like if Oliver rebuilt  AES with a better animation for baggage, beter push back animation, and one possibility for the users dé activated the different elléments for the people like use simultaneously AES + GSX !!!
I use AES for follow me, passenger bus and jetway ... I use GSX for bagage load in aircraft, de icing fonction, for the pushback and also off course, all airport without AES ! 

We really need AES for P3D, because as of April 2016 there are still quite a lot of airports that don't have a docking system and for some of them the developers don't know how to make it! (See for example EDDM by T2G) It's quite a nonsense to have a very detailed airport and then no docking system, isn't it?

• OPabst locked this topic
  • Developer

I have locked this thread, because the last posts (hidden now) was far behind every roles.

It will be open and filled with more infos only short before the parts are released. 

• OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived