AES Development Preview

OPabst

There are some good suggestions in this thread, and I agree with a lot of Velocity's thoughts.

Here are some of mine which may have already been mentioned.

Firstly, I think the overhaul of the user interface that Oliver has previewed is a step in the right direction, and I'm glad that's a priority.

In future though I believe these additional features would really expand the product, and keep it competitive with GSX.

1. Baggage carts. Preferably with animated loaders, by I would happy with just the vehicles pulling up beside the plane.

2. More "clutter" around the aircraft. An additional ramp agent wandering around, hazard cones, possibly a flight attendant standing

at the bottom of the airstairs.

3. Air and Ground power Units. I know a lot add-on aircraft already have these modelled, but a lot don't.

4. Folders for vehicle repaint sets. I think the airport code system already implemented is fantastic, but folders would really make organizing repaints a lot easier.

AES already has a ton of features that I believe make it stand out from GSX, but some additional features would really set it up nicely for the future.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Important ideas for the new AES:

-Each airport gets an own texture folder for painted vehicles. That would be better for texture modifications. The folders would bring more structure in the texture folder.

For example when I want to install a repaint package for Dubai, a folder named OMDB could be created in the main texture folder in AES. All non painted vehicles would automatically be substituted with the default texture.

-new HD high definition paintkit, so that painters can add more details on the vehicles. With the current painkit details are blurry and unsharp.

-new sound set for all vehicles

-crew bus

-The catering trucks man should get after 20-30 seconds from the truck when the position is reached. The engine sound must be turned off before the man gets out.

-very small catering truck for turboprops and small regional aircrafts

-The ramp agent should not give taxi clearance too early while the engine start is still in progress. Some engines need a while till they finished the start sequence.

It should need at least 30-60 seconds more. A747 needs more than a twin jet for engine start logically.

-AES should offer the option for aircrafts with air stairs like 737-800 Ryanair. The pilot should deselect the airstair on the front left door in such case.

-The A380 should get two fuel pump trucks. For left and right wing. In Paris CDG they use two trucks.

-New vehicles: Spanish people mover (truck with trailer) like you did in the very first AES version

-People mover like they use in Montreal

-Different variation of Marshaller follow me cars) Also SUVs and normal cars.

-new pushback trucks like Goldhofer AST-1, AST-2, AST-3 (in Düsseldorf they use also AST-3 for A330-300 pushback), Douglas pushback trucks, also for A380 for Dubai instead of AST1-600x

For Dougas pushback trucks with tow bar and no tow bar. (Amsterdam uses many Douglas Pushback trucks)

-fuel trucks with two and three axis, very small fuel trucks for turbo props and small regional jets and VIP jets

-Cleaning truck with container lift for 747,A340,A380 (but optional)

-ambulance truck (optional)

-electro generator for ramps (Ground power unit) (optional)

-Container trucks which bring containers to the container lift.

Depending to the aircraft AES should calculate a certain number and time for the loading and unloading.

-Truck with flat bed trailer that transports containers (like they do in London Heathrow and Paris CDG) instead of trolly train.

-Lagguage transporter with 5-7 trailers

-Cargo aircrafts should also get vehicles like big container loader, fork lift, big palett transporter

Nice, in addition to the above being considered a tug option for tight parking spaces that require engine shut down prior to gate, and in cases off blown tyre i.e in FSPassengers. A tug in general to tug aircraft to gate. Some thoughts :-)

• 3 weeks later...

It's a fabulous product. I truly enjoy AES, though I'd love to see much more emphasis on freeware airports, even if they do cost credits to activate. I'd rather spend money on AES credits than payware scenery.

...just a thought.

Oh yes, I totally agree with you

• 2 months later...

Great to see this moving forward again Oliver.

One thing though - fueling

It's great to see that you're going to allow us to customize it's location, but it's important to note that with the exception of the 747 and 777 all modern airliners fuel from the RIGHT side. I don't want to get too far into detail as I could write most of a page on all the variations, but there should really be 3 main setups -

Drive Under Wing Left

Drive Under Wing Right

Drive Next to Wing Right

The reason for "Drive Next to Wing" is because on aircraft of the 737 height and shorter or if turboprop powered, you are not allowed to drive the fueling vehicle under the wing due to clearance issues. You use a ladder or step stool (for the DC-9/MD-80) for these aircraft if they use underwing, and simply from the ground if they use wingroot or sponson fuel connection locations (CRJ, ERJ, AN-124/225, IL-76). Most of your non-jet aircraft use over-the-wing fueling as do a few of the smaller turboprops like B1900, Metroliner, KingAir/C99, C208, and DHC-6, so maybe also a check box option for "over wing" ?

I know it's getting detailed with fueling, but as a guy who did it as a job and spends enoug time around airports, it's something that kinda bothers me if it doesn't look right.

I have to support CAPFlyer as he is correct. I was once an aircraft refueler as well and this would really be a noticable difference and greatly appreciated.

Also, anymore thought to adding a person or two to insert chocks and plug in the electrical power cable from the jetway? As for more clutter around the aircraft?

Most major airlines have an armada of 8 - 10 personell already in position (staging area) waiting for the ac.

Two gate agents standing in jetway, the Marshaller, two at the nose gear stop line(one for chocks and one for electrical pwr), two

belt loaders/LD loaders(wide bodies), two baggage cart drivers(front & rear) along with the ac refueler and some times depending on the airport both a Postal and a Customs agent.

Hello all

i wanna make a request for the next AES update. to add the majestic dash 8 in it. I have setup the dash 8 parameters but the marshal does not seem to do it properly like for example. The marshal says that the aircraft is on blocks when i am still moving. And the loading belt on the wright site as well.

Hello: I agree with above. AES is overall better, but would be the best if there were baggage handlers with luggage trains. And with large aircraft, we would have trains with the large luggage containers. You folks have a very nice product and I have purchased a number of credits for a number of airports. What sold me was the jetways stopped right where they are supposed to. Before I had jetways cutting my fusilage in half, or stop 6 feet short. Keep up the great work.

• 1 month later...

AES is overall better, but would be the best if there were baggage handlers with luggage trains. And with large aircraft, we would have trains with the large luggage containers.

You are so right!

We have not had an update for a long time now on this.

It would be so great to see this in AES.

I hope Oliver finds the time to accomplish this!

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Oliver! That looks very promising and can't wait for it! I love AES, such an amazing idea that really does build the life to flight sim :D I was wondering if it would be possible to perhaps be able to allow catering trucks to use service doors on the same side of the aircraft as the jtway attaches to as I have seen this a lot around in various airports...I am still more than happy if it can't be done, just an idea

Keep up the great work

post-122513-0-58960700-1417738847_thumb.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

AES is overall better, but would be the best if there were baggage handlers with luggage trains. And with large aircraft, we would have trains with the large luggage containers.

You are so right!

We have not had an update for a long time now on this.

It would be so great to see this in AES.

I hope Oliver finds the time to accomplish this!

Robert

I've used AES for years and after switching to FSX 18 months ago I also bought GSX. Whilst I like AES it's very clear it has slipped behind GSX in regard to baggage handling.

It's disappointing that this thread is over a year old and we have still to see these major improvements. I accept that people have full-time jobs but development does seem to be extremely slow with no updates on progress. :(

awsome work Oliver looks very promising

still need to get the baggage trucks for these belt loader guys sitting there on their trucks seriously they are going to get the sack for sitting around lol

just a thought

but again yes this looks promising

regards

Michael

Well it's now April of 2015 and I think it's rather unfortunate but safe to say that there most likely will be no further developements on this product as there have been no communications, replies or posts.

Very disappointing as we all were anxiously looking forward to the upgrades but I think he has moved on to other projects.

We got what we got............

Dear Oliver,

Please please give us the ability to select which tow truck to use. I love to the paint the AES trucks, but I cannot even check the paints let alone match truck type to aircraft.

fsscr130_zpsryealmvt.jpg

regards

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed for the first time, that 747s also have two refuel trucks at the same time.

I mentioned on my "improvement list for new AES" that in Paris CDG they use two refuel trucks at the same time for A380s.

Now I found a picture of ABC 747-8F which is refueld by two trucks at the same time.

May it can be added as optional feature to request tw fuel trucks.

I asume that the 747-400 can also be refueld by two trucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Oliver,

Please please give us the ability to select which tow truck to use. I love to the paint the AES trucks, but I cannot even check the paints let alone match truck type to aircraft.

regards

Ed

Damn. I can see a fault in the paint ….but can I go through umpteen reloads just to fix it? :huh:

Edit* …no point in hanging around.

fsscr280_zpshnxykgn6.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's now 18 months since Oliver started this thread and 4 months since I last posted asking for a progress report. He hasn't given any news on this at all.

Is it fair to assume this new version is dead in the water? Please, either post some news on progress or just remove the whole thread. For customers to keep asking for changes when it seems unlikely they will ever see them seems pointless.

What a sad state of affairs for what is still a reasonable program but is now falling behind the competition.

• Aerosoft

Hey Ray,

im not Oliver but i think there is no reason to think why this could be cancelled. But i think its best if Oliver jumps in.

Jonas

Jonas,

You have more faith in the project than many of us. I'd love it if Oliver would reply. Perhaps you can give him a nudge.

18 months without any update tells me the project is dead. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You'll be lucky! Some of us have been waiting ages just for news on FSX which is currently the only platform AES works with.

As a protest against any news from Oliver I will not be buying any more credits until the program is improved to include baggage handling.

• OPabst locked this topic
  • OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived