AES Development Preview

OPabst

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sounds all great and I hope it will be availabel soon.

In the meantime I have a problem with my AES with the following scenario:

I am parked with my MD-11 at a gate in EGLL, the jetway has deployed, stairs are moving towards the rear a/c door and the freight trucks are at the right side of the a/c at the cargo doors, I now wish to depart EGLL for a flight to EDDM, my dilemma is where do I find the icons to select removal of yetway, stairs ect and request the push back tractor.???

Is there anything I am missing, I am at a loss as to what to do.

Could you please help me!

With Thanks

Sieg

Wrong place to ask and RTFM ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question. With this new stuff coming to AES, are Cargo aircraft supported yet like the 747F family and 777F family? Just wondering.

Yeah, big +1 for freighter support. 747F, 757F, 767F, 777F, MD11F, 727F.... the list goes on and on -_-

i posted this a few days ago: this new update will keep in mind one of this things?

Aes for props, new configurations for cargo doors on the left side of the plane (CRJ,ATR,TWIN OTTER and all the small jets and props) , new vehicles and animations. And "props" pusback (with reverse) operations. (the guy who orders to go back, stop, and start taxi) Sorry of limited english. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver,

With you adding the option to enable/disable the wet/snow runway overlay is there also an option to force it on?? Sometimes despite the wxr not depicting snow at the time the runway overlay is still appropriate. For example in the US the runways at Newark have looked like that all winter :)

Thank you as always

-Paul

A small feature request. Some airlines like for example Ryanair prefer to use the inbuilt stairs in the aircraft instead of the ones the airport offer. Is it possible to disable that per repaint basis, for example put a line in for that repaint in the aircraft.cfg file i.e. frontstairs=0 and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this moving forward again Oliver.

One thing though - fueling

It's great to see that you're going to allow us to customize it's location, but it's important to note that with the exception of the 747 and 777 all modern airliners fuel from the RIGHT side. I don't want to get too far into detail as I could write most of a page on all the variations, but there should really be 3 main setups -

Drive Under Wing Left

Drive Under Wing Right

Drive Next to Wing Right

The reason for "Drive Next to Wing" is because on aircraft of the 737 height and shorter or if turboprop powered, you are not allowed to drive the fueling vehicle under the wing due to clearance issues. You use a ladder or step stool (for the DC-9/MD-80) for these aircraft if they use underwing, and simply from the ground if they use wingroot or sponson fuel connection locations (CRJ, ERJ, AN-124/225, IL-76). Most of your non-jet aircraft use over-the-wing fueling as do a few of the smaller turboprops like B1900, Metroliner, KingAir/C99, C208, and DHC-6, so maybe also a check box option for "over wing" ?

I know it's getting detailed with fueling, but as a guy who did it as a job and spends enoug time around airports, it's something that kinda bothers me if it doesn't look right.

Just a question. With this new stuff coming to AES, are Cargo aircraft supported yet like the 747F family and 777F family? Just wondering.

I too would love to see freighter support. I love AES and this is my only issue with the program and (dare i say it) the only reason I have GSX aswell(would love to see it made redundant as I prefer the look and feel of AES).

Saying that though the previews of the enhancements look great Oliver. Nothing like seeing a great product get better.

Keep up the good work Oliver

Elfyn

Hello Oliver

good news for new version

i hope in this new version we will not see the extension shield of the gateway in the Virtual Cockpit view while boarding and de-boarding

because is not realistic...

Thank You so much

Thank you Oliver.

Could you please give us the ability to change the position of the fuel truck. Especially when flying a LCC, but not only LCC. The fuel truck is usually on the right side of the aircraft instead of the left.

does the fuel truck not use both sides of the aircraft since they have 3 to 6 fuel tanks

really cant wait to get the baggage handlers work they will be getting sacked if they sit on their asses any longer lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just moved to aes as GSX was beginning to frustrate me in terms of lack of jetway animations as airports like Dubai dont have animated jetways without AES. However I have two requests, one of which you probably get frequently is animation such as passengers and ground handlers (Eg Baggage like on GSX) and also a good one would be door checks like GSX has so you don't get caterers walking through closed doors

Thanks!!!

Jacob

…...and also a good one would be door checks like GSX has so you don't get caterers walking through closed doors

Thanks!!!

Jacob

Interesting idea but a step too far methinks. Different modellers use different stock codes for different doors ….. if they are really good they should use custom codes for different doors.

So to expect AES to know which code is used is too much IMO….let's get back to simply selecting which tow truck to use.(and length of tow bar) :)

I am really cannot wait for this updated AES!

Interesting idea but a step too far methinks. Different modellers use different stock codes for different doors ….. if they are really good they should use custom codes for different doors.

So to expect AES to know which code is used is too much IMO….let's get back to simply selecting which tow truck to use.(and length of tow bar) :)

For a company like aerosoft I doubt it would be too big a hurdle for them considering there doing the unthinkable with every add on they make. To be honest I would just like to see AES on par with GSX in terms of features of course minus the availability at non addon airports. Heres a few I'd like to see to make AES superior:

• Door checks eg Catering services will not begin boarding unless door r1 and r4 is open
  • Animated Baggage handlers and baggage carts with luggage and pallets
  • Pre installed liveries for the vehicles. Eg when I buy credits for Manchester I automatically get the correct liveries installed onto the services such as swissport
  • Of course as you would expect i'm gonna say animated passengers but as with GSX i'm guessing its not going to be added in the foreseeable future

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

If t he guy from the catering arrives he first walk to the door to open it. It would be awesome if the door really opened automatically.

Just like the doors in fs2crew.

Eric

Important ideas for the new AES:

-Each airport gets an own texture folder for painted vehicles. That would be better for texture modifications. The folders would bring more structure in the texture folder.

For example when I want to install a repaint package for Dubai, a folder named OMDB could be created in the main texture folder in AES. All non painted vehicles would automatically be substituted with the default texture.

-new HD high definition paintkit, so that painters can add more details on the vehicles. With the current painkit details are blurry and unsharp.

-new sound set for all vehicles

-crew bus

-The catering trucks man should get after 20-30 seconds from the truck when the position is reached. The engine sound must be turned off before the man gets out.

-very small catering truck for turboprops and small regional aircrafts

-The ramp agent should not give taxi clearance too early while the engine start is still in progress. Some engines need a while till they finished the start sequence.

It should need at least 30-60 seconds more. A747 needs more than a twin jet for engine start logically.

-AES should offer the option for aircrafts with air stairs like 737-800 Ryanair. The pilot should deselect the airstair on the front left door in such case.

-The A380 should get two fuel pump trucks. For left and right wing. In Paris CDG they use two trucks.

-New vehicles: Spanish people mover (truck with trailer) like you did in the very first AES version

-People mover like they use in Montreal

-Different variation of Marshaller follow me cars) Also SUVs and normal cars.

-new pushback trucks like Goldhofer AST-1, AST-2, AST-3 (in Düsseldorf they use also AST-3 for A330-300 pushback), Douglas pushback trucks, also for A380 for Dubai instead of AST1-600x

For Dougas pushback trucks with tow bar and no tow bar. (Amsterdam uses many Douglas Pushback trucks)

-fuel trucks with two and three axis, very small fuel trucks for turbo props and small regional jets and VIP jets

-Cleaning truck with container lift for 747,A340,A380 (but optional)

-ambulance truck (optional)

-electro generator for ramps (Ground power unit) (optional)

-Container trucks which bring containers to the container lift.

Depending to the aircraft AES should calculate a certain number and time for the loading and unloading.

-Truck with flat bed trailer that transports containers (like they do in London Heathrow and Paris CDG) instead of trolly train.

-Lagguage transporter with 5-7 trailers

-Cargo aircrafts should also get vehicles like big container loader, fork lift, big palett transporter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Emmergecy Vehicle :)

Ambulences, Fire truck (We can tell them befor landing, and wich engine is on fire L or R (L1 L2 or R1 R2), Landing gear fail, they place foam on runway...

In another case (very sad, I've watched videos IRL Ive cried), a fallen Soldier returning home, water salute, all police cars il place, animation of the unloading casket... (for one of my future video project, this mode can be usefull)

YOU Only are the developper, I just give you my Ideas :)

Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

It's a fabulous product. I truly enjoy AES, though I'd love to see much more emphasis on freeware airports, even if they do cost credits to activate. I'd rather spend money on AES credits than payware scenery.

...just a thought.

• OPabst locked this topic
  • OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived