AES Development Preview

OPabst

• Developer

This thread will show for the next weeks the steps for the actual development of AES. This are only the first parts done now, which are need as base for future additational features.

I could not say, when it will be released, so you don't need to add such questions.

The planning is to have AES all time in a functional state, not redesign the complete code in one time, which need several month or years to come to a stayable state. All you see here is already in the daily testing, but not ready for release yet.

1. Step: Enhancement and redesign of the configuration tool AESConfig

For the most of the new features on the wishlist we need more available parameters of the aircraft to get them integrated. So I had first to redesign the AESConfig Tool to get this parameter included and to be prepared for more.

AESConfig is still a separat running tool, but gets a new Look and Feel, here you see the startmenu:

post-77-0-05844100-1390835859_thumb.jpg

The points for Timer and Settings could be done without a running FS beside.

The Timersetting lets it now easier to configure the timeframe for the random Service interval, but it is also planned to have an autometic procress in future,

based on Aircraft, passenger count and Cargo load.

post-77-0-70692700-1390836005_thumb.jpg

Below the point Settings the main configuration for some of the AES parts can be done. So it is now also possible to disable the wet/snow Runway overlay and the Runway Centerlight sounds, if you don't like it.

post-77-0-61982100-1390836086_thumb.jpg

For the sound and aircraft setting, the FS must run first, but now AESConfig will place a overlay Menu into the screen of the running FS in Windowmode (Fullscreen is still not possible). The FS will be the Window with the focus, so while the settings are done, sounds of the FS are still active and you can adjust the sounds very easy by runing a Demo of each type of sounds, while you set the volume for the inside Cockpit and Outside view.

post-77-0-50054600-1390836246_thumb.jpg

The primary new part is the Aircraft setting menu. Here you first get the overview window, where you can see the configurable services and doors.

As you see on the screen, the left and right doors are now configurable seperat, so that also non symetric aircraft can be set correctly:

post-77-0-51710800-1390836392_thumb.jpg

When a Door or Service is selected, a controll window opens in the top left corner of the screen. Here you can controll the position, height und angle of the service.

post-77-0-27398700-1390836501_thumb.jpg

Beside the old symboles for the doors, now you can also toggle between the models just for this service, like Stairs, Jetways or Vehicles. That makes it easier to adjust the service to the correct position. For each service, you can also select options, which give more flexibility to select the service. So it will be possible to remove the stair on apron, but keep the jetway if available. Also the type of the used pushback trucks can be selected now. The fuel and Water truck can get his correct position too.

post-77-0-20437900-1390836647_thumb.jpg

One new implemented useful setting is the Rampagent position after pushback for left and right side, so that you can place im in the view of the cockpit, so you don't need to move the viewpoint anymore:

post-77-0-10650700-1390836881_thumb.jpg

So, that was it for today, will be continued from time to time, when the next step's are done.

Once again the note: The development is ongoing, no need to ask for release dates, I don't know them yet. ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver….just when I thought my interest in FS was waning you have singlehandedly slammed it back into top gear! :excellenttext_s:

I would still like an extra long tow bar option though…..please. :)

• Developer

I would still like an extra long tow bar option though…..please. :)

How long does it has to be in relation to the exisiting one, 2x or 3x?. Did you have a link to a freeware Aircraft you have in mind here?

I can't say if it will be done as it needs a complet different push process coding, but as I want to work on that part sometimes, I keep it in mind.

Awesome work, Oliver! Looking forward to the next AES evolutuion!

A couple of questions:

- Do you have any news about P3D compatibility? Is there any progress to report?

- I'm sure you have your own, almost endless feature wishlist, but would it be possible to have off-site deicing? Maybe let the user pick the spot(s) where he would like to be deiced and read that location from the AFCAD. So when the aircraft reaches that remote stand, AES would be ready to start deicing the plane. That way, you won't have to reconfigure the hundreds of airports all over again...

- Will it come with a new high-quality sound-set?

Thank you and good luck with the remaining tasks!

Hi Oliver,

awesome news, Its phantastic that you pimp up AES. May I ask you if you have plans to include seeable boarding passengers, and luggage? I dont own GEX and dont want to buy it, because I believe in AES since your first release.

How long does it has to be in relation to the exisiting one, 2x or 3x?. Did you have a link to a freeware Aircraft you have in mind here?

I can't say if it will be done as it needs a complet different push process coding, but as I want to work on that part sometimes, I keep it in mind.

Hello Oliver, if the tow bar was exactly twice as long as the existing one it would be perfect. I have attached a pic so you can see the distance I have the pushback truck from the nose wheel for pushback.

Also here is a link to the freeware model: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircrafts-40/vizualnaya-model-il-76-44214.html?action=download&hl=

fsscr826_zps32775eb4.jpg

Hi Oliver,

awesome news, Its phantastic that you pimp up AES. May I ask you if you have plans to include seeable boarding passengers, and luggage? I dont own GEX and dont want to buy it, because I believe in AES since your first release.

GEX or you mean GSX?

Hi Bruno,<br />

well, I assume, if you're asking this way, its GSX :) i dont want it, and I am not interested in it, thats why I dont know the exact name. ;)<br />

Its this other thing, which makes pushbacks, and these things

You made me very happy with this news Oliver!

However, I'm missing in these preview shots a cargo maindeck loader. Is that something you are still going to add into the new AES?

I don't think I'm the only person who would really love to have that feature.

Thanks and take care.

Thank you Oliver.

Could you please give us the ability to change the position of the fuel truck. Especially when flying a LCC, but not only LCC. The fuel truck is usually on the right side of the aircraft instead of the left.

Hi Bruno,<br />

well, I assume, if you're asking this way, its GSX :) i dont want it, and I am not interested in it, thats why I dont know the exact name. ;)<br />

Its this other thing, which makes pushbacks, and these things

GSX and AES are two different programs... they really don't serve the same purpose.

Hello Oliver,

what with the incremental changes you mention, I suppose you are still working with VistaMare Core? So, I have to assume, no P3D support (which is kinda sad at this point, even if totally understandable)

• Developer

what with the incremental changes you mention, I suppose you are still working with VistaMare Core? So, I have to assume, no P3D support (which is kinda sad at this point, even if totally understandable)

We are discussing solutions for P3D 2.x, but it's open yet. And before P3D is not in a stable status (maybe with 2.1), it makes no sense to start any development. We also have wait until all SP's for FSX was done, before we start the support for that simulator, otherwise you do all twice.

And, without a technology like Vistamare, in Frame calculations are not possible, which is the base of the most animations we have and the key difference to other tools, which only can use fixed animation sequences.

One feature now in development is not possible without a high flexible calculation, within the display process.

Sounds all great and I hope it will be availabel soon.

In the meantime I have a problem with my AES with the following scenario:

I am parked with my MD-11 at a gate in EGLL, the jetway has deployed, stairs are moving towards the rear a/c door and the freight trucks are at the right side of the a/c at the cargo doors, I now wish to depart EGLL for a flight to EDDM, my dilemma is where do I find the icons to select removal of yetway, stairs ect and request the push back tractor.???

Is there anything I am missing, I am at a loss as to what to do.

Could you please help me!

With Thanks

Sieg

• OPabst locked this topic
  • OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived