Checklist not working from turn around state

Fliptod

Title says it all. Did a flight from KATL/KMIA. No problems whatsoever. Taxied to the gate, choose turn around state and nothing I do can get the checklist or co-pilot active again.

Just an update. Tried again. After arriving, cannot choose any state to begin checklist. I was able to get the checklist to initialize by turning them off then choosing the Cold and Dark state. Would begin but then the routine would stop right after "cockpit prep" and just before the first rustling of papers. No biggie, just a heads up.

Hi,

after the PARKING CL has been finished (I hope this is the case becaue it is mandatory before "TURNAROUND") then you should see on the Infobar the message when the TURNAROUND will automatically start in x minutes and the count-down clock is running. This means you have finished the previous flight. Do you see this message and what happens after the time has elapsed? You can fasten this process by using FSX time compression. The other way is to load the ACFT STATE "TURNAROUND".

Regards,

Hanse

Second flight I taxied to the gate and waited for countdown on MCDU. After countdown, I heard a beep, then checklist started but kept stopping at the point above. I could consistently get the checklist to start and it consistently failed right at that point every time.

I just tried it on my system and the TURNAROUND started with the COCKPIT PREP CL and the procedure went forward without any problems. This means to me it ia question of handling or the setup of your system. To varify this please tell me:

1. Exactly after which item (please see Vol 6 StepbyStep Guide) the COCKPIT PREP CL stopped
  2. If the COCKPIT PREP CL finished completely: What message you could see on the Infobar? Does it show "CLOSE DOORS"?
  3. Please have a look at the right MCDU and the CHECKLIST option. Which CL is active or better send me a screenshot of it

Regards,

Hanse

Last day or so we got swamped with snow. I'll fly another tonight and post some time tomorrow. I did have FSrealWX-lite running for both the other flights. I'll leave it off this time and see if there's a difference. Best I can tell you right now, is I can get the checklist to reload, each time the co-pilot will will announce the cockpit prep checklist and then it would stall right there. I was able to get it to do that consistently loading cold and dark, I'll have to confirm the turn around state. After quitting the flight and reloading, the checklist will proceed, the co-pilot announces cockpit prep, then you will hear a rustling of papers and the checklist continues. Right between that announcement and the rustling of papers is where it stalls each time.

Hi,

it seems to be not a handling but an installation problem as you are the only one with such a checklist behaviour problem. So I can only advise to de-install the AXE (using the Windows function and not just deleting folder / files) and to re-install the release 1.16 and the hotfix.......

Regards,

Hanse

I'll do that first then. One other thing, 2 actually. I did initially install MCE and then decided to remove it. I was asked by the uninstall to remove FSinsider,dll, which I did. Probably completely unrelated but it is an action I took.

EDIT:The other is how to save company routes before I uninstall?

Made the mistake of letting someone else use my pc. Tried to run the installer and about 30 asbanner popups showed on the screen. I guess I'll re-install and start completely fresh, so just put this on the back burner. Probably everything will be sorted then.

EDIT:Nm, I found the solution to the install problem.

I havn't had time to actually verify if my problem is fixed or not. I figured out the install problem with the 30 popups and was able to successfully re-install again. I made the flight last night from KATL/KDCA but ended up high and fast. My fault I imagine for improper use of speedbrakes. I will refly it now and try a turn-around to see if the problem is actually solved or not.

Archived