Taxi CL Hangs after Brake Chk

CorkyNM

2 out of 3 times I try it, the checklist will stop after the brake check. I have no idea why after I push the brakes when he says to, no more voice. At the runway the cl starts again where it should at pre-take-off.

I'm using a CnD startup, all seems normal until this happens.

Hi,

I do not know definitely what causes your problem. I can only guess because we never had this issue.

• Maybe the reason is how your brakes are configured e.g. the CL does not recognize your braking.
  • Maybe that the confirming call is just missing?
  • Does the TAXI CL start again at the runway holding point or do you mean it there "jumps" to the BEFORE TAKEOFF CL?

But what happens with the other items of the TAXI CL. Are the autobrakes set to MAX etc.? Please have a look into the right MCDU CHECKLIST and see what it says / current status or better send us a screenshot.......

Regards,

Hanse

I am sorry that I started a new post after missing your reply to this one. Titled "Taxi checklist is stuck after Brake test - Redux" here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78270-taxi-checklist-is-stuck-after-brake-test-redux/

No it does not jump to the next checklist, rather (if I remember correctly) the before Take-off CL starts at end of runway. Not sure.

I will be honest to mention that I have little experience with this add-on since I have been very busy at work and had to miss my Flight Sim hobby for some time. I had this problem before the new year but didn't research it, and this first time back I had the same issue.

Please close this topic and see if you can help using the other one. (or whichever you prefer)

Yes I looked at the step by step guide. It says "134. BRAKES: Just use the brakes for a moment." which I fully complied with but I still have the issue. How long is a moment? From ~10knots taxi speed a 'moment' brings me to a full stop. Can't go backward so not sure how to get around this. It is a PITA to restart the flight and go thru all the setup and stuff just to try different lengths of 'moments'.

In the other post, I asked that someone please post a v116/Hotfix19 "Checklist.xml" with the fix incorporated. Is this possible? If it is deemed unnecessary I can try to understand since I'm (apparently) just one customer with this problem.

How can I get rid of differential braking to see if that is really the cause? I have my toe brakes set up thru FSX, not FSUIPC. Maybe I'll change that and see if it helps. But I don't know how to override differential braking in either case.

I will try someone's suggestion to use the parking brake instead to see if that works. It is just a simulator after all, so people banging their foreheads on the seatbacks won't hurt much.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think it has clearly something to do with the setup of your brakes and nothing to do with the Airbus. Currently I am only able to give you the folloing advices:

• Try various settings for your brakes with the Airbus. To do this it is not necessary always to start with an DARK/COLD ACFT STATE but you can use the TAXI STATE for testing.....
  • If the call BRAKE CHECK appears and braking does not show any reaction then there is the possibility to SKIP this item. Go to the right MCDU CHECKLIST section and you will see on the left in line two "SKIP ITEM". Press LSK2L and the checklist moves to the next CL item...... please see chapter 4.7 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide!

Regards,

Hanse

Ok. Thanks Hanse. This time I used the parking brake and it worked fine. I will experiment with the brakes settings as you suggested later on.

Thanks again. You can close this thread if you'd like. If I can't get it settled or have another diffuculty I'll open a new one.

Archived