Some Small Bugs in the Checklists (V1.16 +HOTFIX 19)

Huiming

Hi all,

I write here to describe several small mistakes/bugs in the right MCDU. However, most of the bugs will not happen if you start your flight and fly to your destination without doing any turn around after that. They happen only after you arrive in your destination and make another flight (to another destination) with a checklist restarts by itself after waiting for while (the time which is counting down automatically by the right MCDU). So, it happens in your second, third, etc. trip with the same aircraft. Do not quit your flight, otherwise you will not find the bugs.

When the aircraft restarts the checklist by itself and prepare for another flight from your current airport, you will find:

1. The spoiler cannot be armed by your First Officer (FO) when doing the corresponding checklist.

2. So, during the taxi checklist, you TO CONFI cannot be set either due to the problem of the spoiler, which means there is always blue in your takeoff memo;

I found this is caused by the failure of disarmming the spoiler just after landing by the FO in your previous flight. So, before landing, your FO arms the spoiler and forgets to disarm it after landing. When the the new checklist starts again for the second trip, the spoiler is still in armed status. At this moment, your FO will try to arm the spoiler according to the checklist and, however, actually disarm the spoiler which should be disarmed right after landing. That's why the FO at this time cannot arm the spoiler. You have to do it manually.

3. When you try to takeoff and spool up, the timer/chron button will not be pressed by the FO: you have to press it.

4. At the cruising altitude, the FO will not use its table any more.

5. In the meantime, I did not find any cabin sound even when I turn the cabin sound on.

Problem 4 and 5 is extremely annoying.

Thanks.

I feel it is not a bad idea to restart your sim between flights to clear your memory and avoid these issues. In fact in the new releases we'll advise that.

I will make a note of these issue however.

Would be nice to have like a "kick"-starter for FSX than, if you've got a couple of addons and a relatively big secenry librarie restarting FSX will take a while....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the issues mentioned in HUIMING's post dated January 25th, 2014 will be solved with the next release (do not ask when it will be released)......

Regards,

Hanse

Archived