Thessaloniki X City Configurator [v3.0] (if you have OOM issues)

EmilG

A new City Congifurator (v3.0) should be at your AS accounts.
The LITE II version is further optimised, keeping visual reduction at minimum possible. From some testing, I gained another 200-300MB on top of the 500MB you gained from v2.0.

On my setup, the lighter version gives me less memory load than FT Dubai.
(I don't own MMMX-cant tell).

With more than 1.1GB of total free space (on the NGX) on our advised settings, we are claiming much less than the '''fair''' VAS for a detailed scenery as this is.

The LITE II version is further optimised, keeping visual reduction at minimum possible. From some testing, I gained another 200-300MB on top of the 500MB you gained from v2.0.

With more than 1.1GB of total free space (on the NGX) on our advised settings, we are claiming much less than the '''fair''' VAS for a detailed scenery as this is.

This is amazing news, thank you so much for your super quick response to this issue and the provided support - 10 out of 10 Emilios!!

Would also like to add that I fully understand the mixed feelings removing stuff you put lots of time and hard work in but think about it this way...better offering a config tool like the City Configurator letting people enjoy at least most of your great scenery rather than some people will not be able to enjoy it at all.

Just tried downloading the City Configurator from my order page but it's still ver 2 so guess it takes some more time before ver 3 will replace ver 2 on the order page?

Forgot to ask one thing, what are the right steps to use ver 3 after you already used ver 2?

What I've done so far in ver 2 is choosing the LITE II mode. Would the correct procedure now with ver 3 be to first use ver 2 one more time and revert to the default mode before I use ver 3?

This is amazing news, thank you so much for your super quick response to this issue and the provided support - 10 out of 10 Emilios!!

Would also like to add that I fully understand the mixed feelings removing stuff you put lots of time and hard work in but think about it this way...better offering a config tool like the City Configurator letting people enjoy at least most of your great scenery rather than some people will not be able to enjoy it at all.

Just tried downloading the City Configurator from my order page but it's still ver 2 so guess it takes some more time before ver 3 will replace ver 2 on the order page?

Thanks, appreciate that, like said before I do want you to 'fly the scenery' as much as you do. So this patch is the best we can do to allow good visuals and some more room for your other 'goodies' :)

That's almost a 700mb file, so I guess it'll take some more time.

About procedure. Once you receive v3.0, just run the default setup once. Then, you are free to choose the one you want.

Actually yet another question, will the filename of the new City Configurator reflect it's the new ver 3 so I can know when the file has been updated on the order page without having to download the file several times to find out?

Actually yet another question, will the filename of the new City Configurator reflect it's the new ver 3 so I can know when the file has been updated on the order page without having to download the file several times to find out?

yes..it's named Thessaloniki X City Configurator [v3.0].exe

Great news Emil

Going to download ...

I Have also test the Scenery Config Editor, it has give some free MBs more but I think the overall impact was not so big.

It's a tool that you can use at circumstances like this one we have here but it is a little bit annoying doing that!

YOU scenery developers, please focus for a solution of this great problem, the VAS problems . It not an order but friendly request.

There are hard core simmers out there, we all like to fly "as real as it gets" and we need addons which cannot be deactivated by someone others will or thinking!!!

Because off that, we are very careful of what we are doing with our setup, maybe sometimes we are trying some tweaks, as someone been told, but only for test purposes.

Thanks for taking your time of reading this post...!

I have just downloaded the v2 from the Germany server, just clear my browser data for the instance, trying again to download, I hope v3 is going to be!

I have just downloaded the v2 from the Germany server, just clear my browser data for the instance, trying again to download, I hope v3 is going to be!

The V3 patch is not on the purchase page, it is on the support downloads page (you will have to register your product there)

• Aerosoft

YOU scenery developers, please focus for a solution of this great problem, the VAS problems . It not an order but friendly request.

There IS no solution. The fact is really simple for scenery. Anything you see in FSX takes memory and the more you see the more memory it needs. Now in Thessaloniki X you most likely have more objects in view then in any other scenery projects. Any solution would mean making the scenery less complex.

If you have your FSX loaded up and got a lot of weird tweaks you simply might not be able to run scenery of this complexity. If you feel that scenery is important (or you insist on ther sliders to the right) you simply might need to reduce the memory used by other add-ons.

At Aerosoft we feel that the simulator is the sum of all parts and that's why you see all our internal developments are designed to need limited resources. And all our aircraft and tools will have no problem if you combine them with Thessaloniki!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did a flight today morning from EDDM to LGTS with real weather (ASE) and got an OOM on final approach. So I just gave the new Configurator (setting "Lite") a try and made the following observation:

Took off with the default C172 from rwy 16 with 2020 MB VAS left, flew a right hand circle at 1000ft and landed again on rwy 16 with 950 MB VAS left. After every 90° turn VAS droped by approx. 200 MB. the hugest drop was on turn to final. Fps where always good around 25.

Sytem:

- i7 3.6 GHz

- 8 GB RAM

- GTX 660 2GB RAM

- nearly vanilla fsx.cfg (except HIGHMEMFIX)

- other addons: FTX Global, FSG Ultimate, no weather

FSX settings:

post-12207-0-23095400-1391019989_thumb.j

Sorry, Otto, I cannot confirm your findings.

Your setup (vs. mine):

setting "Lite" (setting "default"!!!)

default C172 (dto.)

from rwy 16 with 2020 MB VAS left, flew a right hand circle at 1000ft and landed again on rwy 16 (dto.)

with 950 MB VAS left. (1.600 MB VAS left)

After every 90° turn VAS droped by approx. 200 MB. (400 MB for the complete traffic pattern)

nearly vanilla fsx.cfg (see the no. of my scenery layers above. I still have 400 MB of additional free VAS to gain by disabling unnecessary scenery.)

FSX settings (see my cfg file linked above)

That's your 1.000 - 1.100 MB loss in VAS vs. my 400 MB VAS loss.

You lose 1 GB in "lite" configuration, while I lose only 0.4 GB in "heavy"?

LGTS works fine in DX10 and Steve's fixer on my aged system at high settings and with no OOMs. I do not use the NGX but the Milviz 737 worked with no issues. If there are any graphics glitches in DX10 I have not seen them.

Archived