Thessaloniki X City Configurator [v3.0] (if you have OOM issues)

EmilG

Hi guys,

Small patch for those who might have memory related issues with PMDG heavy aircraft.

Please shut down FSX and then run the .exe file and select installation type: LITE

This should 'relieve' some memory from FSX, by reducing the complexity of some scenery elements (outside your approach path).

If you do want to revert back to default, shut down FSX, and then re-run the patch. This time, select the Default option.

Should you be happy with the patch, we can proceed with further optimisation, although this should give enough 'breathing space' to those users running other VAS consuming add-ons in parallel

http://goo.gl/kBL1fk

**note that the installer will give you no indication as to which type is currently installed. If you are not sure, just run it again and select the option you need (make sure FSX is not running while installing)

Looks like any further resistance to buy this product is futile ... :ph34r:

Emilios, will this patch/option make it into the LGTS configurator? Thanks!

After we get some reports from users, and is stable or further optimised, it will eventually make it into the scenery manager, and will ship as part of the update.

Hi, EmilG!

The patch don't help. I've caught OOM twice on final approach during flight from UUDD to LGTS. I have P3D v1.4, PMDG 737NGX, FTX Global, Vector, PILOT's global mesh, REX 4, UT2. My computer is pretty powerful. I will try to resolve this problem.

Though LGTS is very outstanding airport, excellent job!

Hi, EmilG!

The patch don't help. I've caught OOM twice on final approach during flight from UUDD to LGTS. I have P3D v1.4, PMDG 737NGX, FTX Global, Vector, PILOT's global mesh, REX 4, UT2. My computer is pretty powerful. I will try to resolve this problem.

Though LGTS is very outstanding airport, excellent job!

Thanks!

I suggest you provide us with a VAS reading on default aircraft first to see your 'base' levels of VAS with all add-ons. Sounds like you might have too much going on there already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again

As I have reported here,

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78126-thessaloniki-x-out-off-memory-stackhash/

I have to reconfirm that the patch didn't work.

I was flying my third flight today from EDDS to LGTS and after passing TALAS intersection, the VAS was increased from 3100 to 3700.

My settings was as by the shoots in the other post, when I was over CF16, turning right to establish the Localizer from RWY16 I had OOM, VAS was 3850.

• Aerosoft

Hi again

As I have reported here,

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/78126-thessaloniki-x-out-off-memory-stackhash/

I was flying my third flight today from EDDS to LGTS and after passing TALAS intersection, the VAS was increased from 3100 to 3700.

My settings was as by the shoots in the other post, when I was over CF16, turning right to establish the Localizer from RWY16 I had OOM, VAS was 3850.

No the patch most definitely does what it intends to do. But you are simply still using too much memory.

As I explained there simply is no easy way out of that. We are locked in the 32 bit memory space with a complex simulator and complex add-ons. When add-ons get more and more complex they start to use more and more memory, there simply is no way out until we get a 64 bit sim. You will see this issue more and more as development get more and more complex.

But in your case you most likely have to use lower settings or combine this add-on with other add-ons that use less memory.

Hi again

As I have reported here,

Chris,

The patch reduces almost a quarter of a million polygons, it's simple maths; it cannot not work. :)

Your report does not suggest an OOM. BEX errors are not necessarily linked to memory overload. Besides, 3850 VAS usage cannot give you an OOM. All things apart, like Mathijs said, you can easily bring that down to 3.2-3.5 GB by further optimising.

Hi

About the VAS number, I am not aware about their influence to OOM but I have to reported, simple as that.

I cannot tell if that costs the OOM because I simply don't know and that is the reason I am posting here.

The other reason I am posting here is of course suggestions, so I am questioning why the FSX with 3850 VAS takes OOM. How can you tell that it is something else, do you mean something else from the FSX addons, another addon for example which is active at the moment, like the lights from ORBX or what ever.

Just before I have made some test rounds at the airport again. I can tell at this time that something in the town area, I suspect in the center is causing the problems. Flying over it VAS explodes, flying to it values increasing, flying away from it values decreasing.

I am trying to help me, you and others by the way, you understand that I assume!

Thanks

A BEX error is different from an OOM. But you can OOM below 4 GB VAS, if your application is demanding continuous VAS, but your VAS has been fragmented.

You may want to try this graphics profile I've just uploaded. It includes rather conservative settings but still results in acceptable visuals. Save your current settings to your own profile first:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6v0vv9codlds6a/GAP3-recommended%204.CFG

Hi again

I have made many many test since my last post.

So, going to the bottom line at fist,

• testing at every other airport I have, I never had so much VAS as by LGTS, maximum was 2500-2900 and always with real weather from ASN and AIRBUS X
  • deactivating FTX Global lights and trees, LGTS OOM, 2 times
  • FSX setting to default no problem after many tests at LGTS
  • with default FSX settings and AIRBUS X, VAS is from 3400-3600 and sometimes 3800

As you can see the VAS increasing at LGTS by many megabytes every time and only there.

Thanks

@olli4740 Thanks, I''ll take a look.

i can confirm too it has something in town area.. when i go that way or look my FPS drops 10FPS to 18-20. i dont have problem in other airport i get solid 30FPS at LHS LHBP or LGAV for example.

mainly looking towards the stadium from the airport i get low FPS even with the default aircraft.

i can confirm too it has something in town area.. when i go that way or look my FPS drops 10FPS to 18-20. i dont have problem in other airport i get solid 30FPS at LHS LHBP or LGAV for example.

mainly looking towards the stadium from the airport i get low FPS even with the default aircraft.

Which area of the town is this? and what are you settings (dispaly) please?

Christopher, if your getting Stach/Hash errors you should read this.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/403927-hooray-instructions-to-get-no-more-dep-induced-bex-or-stack-errorscrashes/

I firmly believe the errors you are experiencing have nothing to do with the Airport in question, but your system. The only thing that can be related to the airport is it was enough to bring your system to it's knees.

I am sure if this was the fault of the addon, this thread would be 60 pages long.

Approach to rwy 10 in the PMDG B777 (higher VAS "footprint" than the Aerosoft Airbus) with the settings I uploaded above: I OOM-ed exactly(!) on touchdown with VAS showing 4.0 GB. This was without Emilios' patch, though; that is with the default FSDG installation. Dawn textures and exterior views were used, which certainly had an effect of increasing VAS usage.

This puts LGTS pretty much into the same league as DD New York and the London airspace with heaps of Gary Summons' "extreme" airports installed - except for those excellent framerates with LGTS just before the OOM! :lol:

Next attempt will be with LGTS "lite" - stay tuned! B)

Christopher, if your getting Stach/Hash errors you should read this.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/403927-hooray-instructions-to-get-no-more-dep-induced-bex-or-stack-errorscrashes/

I firmly believe the errors you are experiencing have nothing to do with the Airport in question, but your system. The only thing that can be related to the airport is it was enough to bring your system to it's knees.

I am sure if this was the fault of the addon, this thread would be 60 pages long.

Thanks

I will read that, I am a "reader" but you forget that the error comes only here, nowhere else at the FSX world have a problem!

Thanks

EDIT - @Badfinger done it, I hope it helps, thanks.

Update - patch installed, flight reloaded, approaching LGTS lite:

Until touchdown VAS increased to 3.6 - 3.7 GB. That's rather "tight"; the patch shouldn't be any "lighter" than it is right now.

Now, what a nice surprise: Aborted the landing and headed straight North over the town (still in my VAS-intensive PMDG T7!). VAS usage went even down(!) to a steady 3.4 GB ... and the town was still looking good:

Christopher, to me it looks like the airport is more VAS-intense than the town.

Emilios, this patch is very enjoyable as an intermediate "one step down" configuration. Maybe an upcoming "switch" could provide an additional option ("two steps down") for those of us who fly heavies and/or with serious weather? I'm thinking of something like:

- LGTS default: for GA planes, for example ("sight-seeing")

- LGTS lite I: current patch/intermediate level (medium-level aircraft, light weather)

- (upcoming) LGTS lite II: for heavies/deep systems and/or with serious weather/multiple cloud layers etc.

Anyhoo, this is an amazing scenery. Will get back to the default installation and do some sight-seeing in a light plane shortly. B)

Thanks

I will read that, I am a "reader" but you forget that the error comes only here, nowhere else at the FSX world have a problem!

Thanks

EDIT - @Badfinger done it, I hope it helps, thanks.

Hope so. It might not address the OOM's, but might help addressing the pesky Stack/Bex errors at least.

The problem I have is when flying from LGTS to LGAV the airport and the city are ok, low frps but OK. whene flying in from LGAV to LGTS one minute before landing appears window out of the memory and the AIRPORT AS and cockpit turn black. sorry for my english .

Archived