A-10 causes drastic frame rate loss (40 fps down to 5 fps)

Hi, I have just installed the A-10 and am only getting 4-7 fps while flying it. This is a frame rate and not a stuttering problem and occurs in any view. I am running on a 3.0 GHz Pentium-D with fs9 running on both cores, 256 Mb ATI Radeon GPU, 2 Gb RAM, 4 disk RAID-0, XP-Pro, and can normally get 30-40 fps with everything FS2004 has to offer maxed out as well as multiple complex add-on sceneries active. Any suggestions would be helpful. The plane is just not flyable at this frame rate.

Hello grantmccardell,

This plane is intensive but has run faster than this on lower spec machines.

You might want to check that something in your system is not causing this to happen, maybe check which programs maybe running in the background and also try reducing your display settings to default and working back up to a setting which works best. Also try experimenting with Clouds and the percentage of AI used.

Hi SAF, I don't think it is a graphics related problem. I set everything to minimal and I still have the same issues. I also have the problem even when I turn the panel off. Curiusly, it seems to be related to some sort of guage updating. When I am sitting on the runnway, I am getting a frame rate of 70-80 fps and can look at the plane fine. When I start moving is when the frame rate problem begins. If I hit the brakes and stop again, the problem goes away after everything has stabilized. I do not have the registered version of FSUIP, could this fix it? It's a beautiful plane, and from what little I can use of it, seems like it will be great to fly. Is there an alternative gauge panel I could try on it to see if one of the guages is what is causing the problem?

Hi, I have isolated my frame rate problem. It is the CDU display (labeled TV). When I turn this off by commenting out this gauge in the panel.cfg file (or as I discovered, by turning it off with the switch for it on the left back panel!), I am back up to 50-60 fps. It would be nice to get it this instrument to work, however. I saw the post about the gps_export.dll file, but this did not fix this, nor had my dll been modified. What other dependencies does the tv.gau have? -- Grant