Real weather ?

Hi

Just wondering were the sim gets the real weather data from ...reason is it the sims weather was no were near what the real Airport was indicating ..I'm not at the PC atm so can't check it again ,..

Thanks

The real time weather for my sim won't update, it will only use the weather from my last session. Before it was working perfectly until I had set up a weather with low visibility.

NOAA has changed the file format. Perhaps that is the issue

PFPX had the same issue which has now been fixed

ISSUE: NOAA WEATHER SERVERS ISSUE
VALID: 2014012216Z - 2014012217Z
ISSUED BY: REED STOUGH

Due to a change in a weather file format from NOAA,

Clive

The problem is that my source didn't just change format. Some airport weather info is just not available anymore. Let's wait for a while as this might be maintenance related. If the issue is not solved after a while I will start looking for alternative source ;)

• 11 months later...

I am having a similar issue at LGSO.

The METAR does not specify visibility and in GATC it says Visibility 0 so all planes can't land due to "fog".....

The METAR does not specify visibility for this airport....

Untitled.png

Hi nammurg.

I am surprised that you got any weather at all... It should all work well now - server side fix.

Btw, pretty rough weather at LGSO today: LGSO 121650Z 36022G32KT 9999 SCT014 SCT020 09/05 Q1016

Archived