Thessaloniki X - Out Off Memory - StackHash

Christopher Barbas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Emil,

FSX Shuts down and I get the following message.

Cheers,

Paul

That's indeed an OOM, I do not understand how you can reach it though just sitting at the apron, since you have still quite a lot available memory space.

Could you please right-click on 'My Computer-->properties' and send me screen?

After you do that, please have a look at the manual and try to 'gear-down' of a few FSX display settings and scenery manager settings as suggested.

Ok will do That tomorrow if that's ok. Just going to bed now for an early start in the morning.:-)

Many thanks for your help.

Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have the same problem.

W7 64 / PMDG NGX / ASN / REX

1024 TML

With the NGX on the apron the VAS goes down to 400 - 600 MB at the beginning and starts to drop to 150 - 200 MB after 15 - 20 Minutes.

I reduced the settings as shown in the manual. But it makes no difference.

Cheers Jan

Good day

I have some time and make some tests, the results are pretty much the same as by @Paul with the VAS reader, I don't have a problem, today and yesterday also, when leaving FSX running for a long time, same configuration as by OOM.

The only thing I have noticed today by playing around with the FSX setting, is that only the Load Radius make sense, reducing to medium I am getting a better memory value and that's it, nothing else make any difference.

I am thinking to reduce at first the AS2012 texture size, leave everything as it is except Load Radius(set to medium) and see what happens. Think also reducing clod draw distance from 90 to 80.

Later on I'll let you know but for sure I will reproduce the flight later this evening/night.

well now i made some sceenshots to compare and it makes no sence that you reach 3500k.

In the test here i run max settings + NGX + 2 weather programs as seen, but I can´t reach 3500K now I tested in 2 locations of the airport by just starting the sim and se the proformance where some say oom after a bit...

I max got 3000K by rotating the view inside the plane, as that gives the highest stress number. 2500K and lower whit out weather program.. I know the Weather program can hit harder over several hours but just to compair..

As side note: I used fully loaded version for some areas.. and that would give even a bigger load then you would see in the released version so I should have had a bigger load then you by now

post-32482-0-71682400-1390469753_thumb.j

post-32482-0-35859900-1390469768_thumb.j

post-32482-0-78202100-1390469782_thumb.j

Christopher and rest of friends who face OOM issues.

I have set up my hardware & FSX following meticulously this guide.

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

While beta testing Thessaloniki X I never ran in to an OOM by using NGX and ASN for weather with the graphics settings as recommended in the guide.

See my report here post #236 of http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/67114-thessaloniki-x-preview/page-6

Something else must be consuming this VAS in your PC.

OK

I have already see the Kosta's post many times, the only tweaks I am using are the,

WideViewAspect=True
DisablePreload=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14
uiautomationcore.dll

the [GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 is and was always like this

A while ago I have try those too,
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1
[bUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647, but I had small hanging problems and have delete them. I'll those last again to see if it make any difference.

Another thing I also forgot is that I am using nvidia inspector with the the Antialiasing setting at "16xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 4x MS]", if this has a role I don't know!

About VAS, the 4GB are consumed only by FSX right? I mean the FSX uses the 4 and till it make it full you have no problems.

If you mean about by whole available RAM, then yes maybe I can close some running applications at the background for example but would it make any difference? I was about to try it anyway!

Whats very strange is that at Germany for example with many addon sceneries and the AIRBUS X, heavy weather, very much online traffic ans soon never had problems so far!

Maybe was one time fail! We'll see!

Thanks

I seen big impact yesterday on FPS by ASN. It was overcast and foggy today few clouds and steady 30FPS in the Q400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Barbas,

Think of switching off the shadows options (shadow on itself, aircraft shadows, ground objects shadows).

While they do add some immersion and look good in screenshots and videos, they also eat up a lot of memory.

Tamas,

I seen big impact yesterday on FPS by ASN

Agreed. It killed my approach to Thessaloniki last night.

For ASN I limit Max Cloud Layers to 3 just for performance reasons.

With the enhanced overcast feature (with which is the first time I see actual overcast in FSX!) you can get quite a performance hit if you leave it to the default setting of max 5 (?) layers.

For Shadows I have only the aircraft casts shadow on ground activated. I find it extremely unrealistic to disable them.

I have

just finished the same flight as yesterday LGAV-LGTS, with the same addons and other application running without any problems.

Changes by the settings was,

Load Radius to medium and

the addition to fsx.cfg the,

[bUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0
[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25
As I said the last both are making a small problem, FSX hangs just a little sometimes, it is quite noticeable but still! I'll probably delete those.
The memory was at start,
LGAV - 2.600-2400
after leaving the LGAV was down to
2.200-2.100
at cruise alt was increased to,
2.400-2.850
and finally about 35NM inbound was stable to 3.100. My ASN settings are default.
So everything went OK, I hope that was only about yesterday, maybe because the weather was foggy and sky layers was to much at that time, today was not!

EDIT - Values are fsx.exe VAS, example, LGAV - 2.600-2400, 2.600.000K to 2.400.000K.

One more thing that might be a nice idea is to deactivate unused sceneries in the scenery library.

Especially those with photorealistic surroundings. I keep a sharp eye on it and usually get acceptable VAS levels.

Plus frequent view switching. I know most simmers, including myself, cannot help watching their great plane/livery.

Enjoying the external view, wing view (which is also forcing extra clouds and ground textures in sight), airport services, etc.

However if it is done more than just occasionally the memory use (extra texture load) noticeably grows.

I think the problem is somewhere in the city am trying to check with different settings..

Edit: Ok stupid me... did some more testing and i noticed i had water animation 2x high... well obviously looks worst but i get better performance..

I think the problem is somewhere in the city am trying to check with different settings..

Edit: Ok stupid me... did some more testing and i noticed i had water animation 2x high... well obviously looks worst but i get better performance..

Indeed. You can always check the manual for FSX display settings advice.

We spent quite some time testing every possible combination of settings and wrote it based on that :)

Yes feeling embarrassed :) I used to have it lower that setting then sometimes ago I must have changed it for some reason

Yes feeling embarrassed :) I used to have it lower that setting then sometimes ago I must have changed it for some reason

Try setting water to Low 2x. In my opinion it is the best compromise for both looks and performance.

Archived