I'm considering to buy a new iMac. I use Mac for my work and after a year I want to play FSX again. At that time I was playing it on my gaming PC (3770k@4.2, GTX 670) with add ons like REX, UTX, GEX, FS2Crew, PMDG etc. I sold that PC to buy myself a Macbook Air. Now I have some time again I want to pick up playing FSX. Any ideas of performance with FSX, and the add ons that I used before with this setup? Thanx.

27 inch iMac
- 3,5 GhZ 4771 processor (no K)
- GTX 780m
- 8 GB 1866 RAM
- 256 GB Pci flash storage

It will be okay as long as you boot into Windows. But with all those addons that disk will be full very very fast, What you mention is easily 200 Gb.

Thanx. So I can expect good performance? As i'm not able to over clock so I don't wanna use things like photo scenery. I'm happy when I can run FTX Global, REX, PMDG, Aerosoft Airports and maybe a traffic add-on with this configuration on a acceptable framerate (no stuttering)

• Aerosoft

It all depends on your setting. You need to understand that FSX is not like other games/sims, You can never move all sliders fully right, you have to decide where to apply your resources. For big aircraft you want detailed airports but mesh, autogen and water does not play a big role. If you fly a Twin Otter you want small hills, trees, and nice water.

It all depends on your setting. You need to understand that FSX is not like other games/sims, You can never move all sliders fully right, you have to decide where to apply your resources. For big aircraft you want detailed airports but mesh, autogen and water does not play a big role. If you fly a Twin Otter you want small hills, trees, and nice water.

That's absolutely true. But the iMac can fulfill my FSX wishes, or need I a more powerful PC?

Archived